Trekगुरु : Night Trek To Prabalgad
Date : 06 Nov 2016 (Leaving 05th night)
Height: 2320 Feet above MSL (Approx)
Grade: Easy- medium
Base Village: Thakurwadi.
Cost : 1000 rs
Contact : PRAVIN - 9821318848/9821465256
Prabalgad Fort is located between Matheran and Panvel at an elevation of 2,300 feet. It was built at the pinnacle of the rocky plateau very close to Matheran. Previously, the fort was known as Muranajan and renamed by the Maratha forces under the rule of chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.
There is a dense forest on the way till the top of fort Prabal. This fort can be approached via steep climb of a waterfall route (water flows only during monsoon).
5th November, Saturday
08:00 pm - Meeting point panvel railway station sharp & Move base village
09:00 pm - Reach base village
Start the night trek to ‘Prabalmachi’.
11:30 pm - Reach Prabalmachi
Overnight Stay at Prabalmachi.
6th November, Sunday
05:30 am - Wake-up & Nature Call
06:30 am - Start ascending towards Prabalgad.
08:30 am - Reach Prabalgad plateau
Explore the fort
11:30 am - Start descending back to Prabalmachi
01:30 pm - Reach prabalmachi
03:00 pm - Start descend to base village
04:00 pm - Reach base village Thakurwadi
05:30 pm - Back to Panvel Station (tentatively)
The schedule above is flexible and produced to give an idea of the Trek .
Cost : Rs.1000
- Travel till base village from Panvel and back
- Saturday night Dinner
- Sunday Breakfast and Lunch
- Group Stay at Prabalmachi
- Expertise charges
- Train tickets to Panvel
- Anything not mentioned above
Things To Be carried:
Identity proof (must)
A bottle of water (atleast 3 Ltrs) (must)
Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes (must)
Binocular, Camera, Cap, etc. (Optional)
Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc
Medicine those if u require usually.
A good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks
A haversack to put in all the things to be carried...
Pravin : 9821318848
Do's, Dont' & Facts :-
- Kindly carry 1 Identity proof (must)
- A proper two sided haversack to put all the things, So that one has hands free while trekking.
- Please do not carry sling bags or Jholas
- check ur railway timings according to ur location.
- we carry only First aid.
- This trek route does not have any fixed/proper/appropriate washrooms or bathrooms.
- Cost Not Included Insurance, medical Coverage.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking. While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check-up done.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events you are at your own risk.
- All activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
- Organizers are not responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- Trekगुरु reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
- Smoking and alcohol strictly prohibited.
- Be a group - its not a race.
- NO littering please...we are educated.
- Any adventure activity is a disciplined fun.
- The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained. Sometimes we may need to adjust as per the opinion of others.
- Read the event itinerary at least once.