Trekगुरु : Night Trek To Korigad
Date: 27 Nov 16 (Starting 26 night)
Location: Aamby Valley, Lonavala
Base Village: Peth Shahpur
Height: 3,028 ft
Cost: 800 rs.
Contact: Pravin 9821318848/9821465256
Korigad fort is located about 20 Kms away from Lonavla, in Pune district. It is about 929 m above sea level. There are two routes to reach to the top of Korigad, one from village Peth Shahpur and other one is from Ambavne village. Route from Pethshahpur is easier than the route from Ambavne village.
We have to climb nearly 510 steps while going from Pethshahpur route. The route starting from the Bhairavnath Temple at Peth shahpur takes us to the top within 45-50 minutes and which enters through the Ganesh gate.
26th November, Saturday
11:00 pm- Meet at Thane Station
11:15 pm- Proceed towards the base village in private bus or vehicle.
27th November, Sunday
02:30 am- Arrival at base village
02:45 am- Start climbing towards on Korigad
04:00 am- Reach Top, campfire and masti. You also have option to sleep in temple.
07:00 am- Breakfast
09:00 am- Start descending towards base village.
10:00 am- Reach base and travel to mumbai by Private vehicle.
If time permit halt @ Lion point
13:00 am- Reach Thane Station
The schedule above is flexible and produced to give an idea of the Trek .
Cost - 800 rs.
- Travelling from Thane to Korigad base and back in a private vehicle
- Morning tea & breakfast
- Guide & Trekगुरु charges.
1. Any personal expenses to reach Thane
2. Any other charges not mentioned above.
Things To Be carried:
Identity proof (must)
A bottle of water (atleast 3 Ltrs) (must)
Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes (must)
Binocular, Camera, Cap, etc. (Optional)
Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc
Medicine those if u require usually.
A good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks
A haversack to put in all the things to be carried...
Pravin : 9821318848/9821465256
Do's, Dont's & Facts :-
- Pack your stuff with an extra polythene lining to protect the contents from water.
- Telephonic confirmation is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
- Kindly carry 1 Identity proof (must)
- A proper two sided haversack to put all the things, So that one has hands free while trekking.
- Please do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
- check ur railway timings according to ur location.
- we carry only First aid.
- This trek route does not have any fixed/proper/appropriate washrooms or bathrooms.
- Cost Not Included Insurance, medical Coverage.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking. While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check-up done.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events you are at your own risk.
- All activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
- Organizers are not responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- Trekगुरु reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
- Smoking and alcohol strictly prohibited.
- Be a group. Its not a race.
- NO littering please...we are educated.
- Any adventure activity is a disciplined fun.
- The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained. Sometimes we may to adjust as per the opinion of others.
- By registering or joining any of the event (Trekking, Camping, Rappelling, Leisure Trip) organized by Trekगुरु, it is assumed that you have read, understood & agreed to the Do's, Don'ts & Facts.
----- SEFETY FIRST -----