Trekगुरु : Monsoon One Day Trek to Peb-Fort (Vikatgad)
Date: 26 july 2015
Region: Neral, Matheran Region
Trek Grade: easy/Medium
Duration: One Day
Cost: Aprx 150 - 200 rs Per Person On Contribution Basis + 100rs trekगुरु charges
Contact: Pravin 9821318848/9821465256
Trekगुरु invites you for one day trek to peb fort (vikatgad) on Sunday 26 July 2015
About peb fort (vikatgad) :-
This fort is not heard by many until few years back but recently is getting more and more popular with trekkers. It’s a small fort near the ranges of Matheran (the famous hill station in Maharashtra). It is situated on northeast side of Panvel, on Mumbai-Pune road, at a distance of 3-4 km on west side of Neral. This is a one-day trek and also one of the most enchanting trek in Monsoon. It is also known as Vikatgad. The forts and hills in and around Peb Fort are Nakhind, Chanderi, Mahasmal. Prabalgad is another fort opposite this small fort. Peb fort overlooks the Konkan region and also is approachable from Pune. So Chatrapati Shivaji must have given a thought before building this strategic fort. The fort is at a height of 2100 feet above mean sea level.
This fort is visible from the edge of Panorama Point at Matheran or from Matheran Toy Train after you cross the One Kiss Tunnel. The Panorama Point at Matheran is at much higher level and gives a clear view of the small fortification of the fort.
Trek schedule & Itinerary:-
Catch the 6:10 am cst-karjat fast local. People who live on slow track station please come ur nearest station to catch this local. Time table are as follows:-
6:10 am CST
6:18 am Byculla
6:24 am Dadar
6:31 am Kurla
6:35 am Ghatkopar
6:50 am Thane
7:02 am Dombivali
7:10 am Kalyan
7:14 am Vitthalwadi
7:16 am Ulhasnagar
7:20 am Ambarnath
7:27 am Badlapur
7:36 am Vangani
7:40 am Shelu
For Pune peoples catch 6:05 am sinhagad express from pune, reach Karjat @7:58 am.
08:00 am - Reporting time at Neral Station, Near Neral Station Ticket Counter.
Introduction, Induction, Tea & Breakfast at Neral
8:30 am Take a taxi to dasturi Naka.
9:00 am Expected to reach dasturi naka, start trek
11:00 am expected to reach peb fort, explore, lunch.
01:00 pm start descend peb toward dasturi naka.
03:00 pm reach dasturi naka and take taxi till neral.
03:30 pm Expected to reach neral station.
Cost : Aprx 150 - 200 rs Per Person On Contribution Basis + 100rs trekगुरु charges
> Neral – Dasturi naka– Neral by Taxi
> Morning Breakfast – Tea
> Trekगुरु charges
Things To Be carried:
Identity proof (must)
A bottle of water (atleast 3 Ltrs),
Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes (must)
Camera, Cap, etc. (Optional)
Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc
Medicine those if u require usually
A good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks
A haversack to put in all the things to be carried...
To confirm his/her registration needs to deposit advance payment (200rs) into the following bank account (Please write your name in description)
Bank Name: BANK OF MAHARASHTRA
Account ID: 20059830445
Account Type: Savings Bank Account
Account name: PRAVIN P. KAMBLE
Branch: BHOIWADA - MUMBAI
IFSC code: MAHB0000563
Pravin : 9821318848
Do's, Dont's & Facts
- Rains showers are expected, so pack your bags accordingly.
- Pack your stuff with an extra polythene lining to protect the contents from rain.
- A proper two sided haversack to put all the things, So that one has hands free while trekking.
- Please do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
- Kindly carry 1 Identity proof at least foryour own medicine as we carry only First aid.
- Cost Not Included Insurance, medical Coverage.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking. While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check-up done.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events you are at your own risk.
- All activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
- Organizers are not responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- Trekगुरु reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
- Smoking and alcohol strictly prohibited.
- Be a group - its not a race.
- NO littering please...we are educated.
- Any adventure activity is a disciplined fun.
- The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.