Trekगुरु Monsoon One Day Trek to KALAVANTIN DURG
Date : 04 july 2015
Feature : Pinnacle with rock cut steps.
Height : 1500ft
Region : Panvel, Thakurwadi
Places To See : Rock cut steps, nearby forts like Prabalgad, Matheran, Chanderi, Haji malang forts.
Grade : Medium
Cost : 500rs
Contact : PRAVIN 9821318848/9821465256
Trekगुरु invites you for one day trek at Kalavantin pinnacle on Saturday 04 July 2015
This fort is just opposite to Prabalgad. It is also visible from Mumbai-Pune Expressway. According to stories, the fort was built for a queen named Kalavantin. Steps leading up to the fort have been cut into the rock face of the hill. The Adivasi People of Machi-Prabal village observe the custom of dancing on every Holi (Shimga) Festival at the top of Kalavantin Fort.
The fort top commands an excellent view of the surroundings with Prabal in the front. Matheran, Chanderi, Shrimallang, Irshal, Karnala, Manikgad, etc can be easily identified.
Meeting point panvel railway station sharp 7.30 am
Than Breakfast near station
After Breakfast we move ahead to Base Village by Pvt Vehicle in next an hour so..
Introduction, instructions and start the trek
Reach the top in 3-4 hrs.
Explore the fort and start descending by 2pm.
Lunch Break at PrabalMachi
Reach the base till 5 pm.
Start our return journey and Reach Panvel by 6pm.
Recommended Local Train Timings:
For Harbour Line
Panvel Slow Local
Mumbai CST : 06:00 am
Wadala Road: 06:18 am
Kurla : 06:28 am
Vashi: 06:47 am
Nerul: 06:56 am
Panvel: 07:17 am
For Western Line
Western Line people can connect the above train from
Wadala Road @ 06:18 am
Recommended Local is Andheri Harbour line 05:44 am
Andheri : 05:44 am
Bandra : 05:58 am
Wadala Rd: 06:09 am
The cost of this trek would be Rs. 500/- per head only
> Panvel – Thakurwadi– Panvel by Tumtum
> Morning Breakfast – Tea -- Lunch
> Trekगुरु charges
Things To Be carried:
Identity proof (must)
A bottle of water (atleast 3 Ltrs),
Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes (must)
Camera, Cap, etc. (Optional)
Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc
Medicine those if u require usually
A good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks
A haversack to put in all the things to be carried...
To confirm his/her registration needs to deposit Full payment (500rs) into the following bank account (Please write your name in description)
Bank Name: BANK OF MAHARASHTRA
Account ID: 20059830445
Account Type: Savings Bank Account
Account name: PRAVIN P. KAMBLE
Branch: BHOIWADA - MUMBAI
IFSC code: MAHB0000563
Pravin : 9821318848
Do's, Dont's & Facts -
- Rains showers are expected, so pack your bags accordingly.
- A proper two sided haversack to put all the things, So that one has hands free while trekking.
- Please do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
- If you have any medical issue please carry your own medicine as we carry only First aid.
- Cost Not Included Insurance, medical Coverage.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking. While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check-up done.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events you are at your own risk.
- All activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
- Organizers are not responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- Smoking and alcohol strictly prohibited.
- Be a group - its not a race.
- NO littering please...we are educated.
- Any adventure activity is a disciplined fun.
- The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.