Event Tag : Trikon #192
Event Name : Sar Pass Trek Batch 2
Event Date : 26th May to 03rd June 2017
Event Cost : Rs. 13,500 (Delhi to Delhi)
Total Seats : 25
Location : Himachal Pradesh
Duration : 9 days/ 8 nights
Start / Finish Point : Rumsu Base Camp
Nearest Town : Bhuntar
Grade : Easy to Moderate
Maximum altitude: 4,200 m (13,800 ft)
Type: Big Chutti Plans - Himalayan Trek
The Sar Pass trek offers a diversified trail through deep forests, undulating meadows, snowy mountains and charming villages. It is an ideal trek for beginners and moderate level trekkers. It derives its name from ‘Sar,’ which means lake. The ‘Sar’ which is mostly frozen till late in summer needs to be crossed by trekkers and hence the name ‘Sar Pass Trek’. The trek starts from the quaint village of Kasol and trekkers cross forests and steep rocky terrains to encounter long stretches of snow on the Pass Day.
The mesmerizing views of the snowy peaks of the Parvati valley in addition to the snow trail will definitely leave you spellbound. It is undoubtedly one of the most delightful treks in the Himachal Pradesh. Go for it peeps!
High altitude trekking through snow
Views of magnificent peaks of Tosh and Parvati valley
Witnessing the grand Himalayan Vistas at 13800 ft
Slide through snow from Sar top to the lower valley
Adventure Sports ( Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Rafting)
Sight seeing around Naggar and Manali
Crossing deep mountain forests of rhododendron
Interacting with the locals and getting a sneak peek into their traditions and culture
Day 1, 26th May, Friday : Delhi to Manali
· Catch New Delhi - Manali Volvo bus from ISBT at 5 PM . Meals are NOT included during bus journey.
Day 2, 27th May, Saturday : Bhuntar to Rumsu Base Camp
· We reach Bhuntar at 6 AM and drive from Bhuntar to Rumsu Base Camp by jeep
· Registration, Acclimatization walk, Rappelling / Rock Climbing and Orientation at Rumsu Base Camp
· Stay in Rumsu Base Camp
Day 3, 28th May, Sunday : Kasol to Grahan Village ( 6- 7 hours trek)
· We start our trek from the center of Kasol and move along the left of the Grahan nalah. This route which passes through alpine forests is used by the locals daily and is a fairly easy trail.
· After Grahan nalah, we encounter rocky terrain and climb up through the middle of Buras (Rhododendrons) forests for an hour to reach Grahan village.
· We stay here for the night.
Day 4, 29th May, Monday : Grahan to Ratta Pani ( 4 - 5 hours trek)
· We will start our day early with a few stretching exercises followed by a delicious breakfast. After our trek leader briefs us on today’s trek schedule, we will start our trek to Ratta Pani.
· We head towards north and take the path which villagers use towards Min Thach. Nagaru can be sighted along with Sar Top after trekking for a while.
· Next the route steepens through the forest to move to our destination Ratta Pani where we camp for the night.
Day 5, 30th May, Tuesday: Ratta Pani to Nagaru ( 4 - 6 hours trek)
· This is a slightly difficult stretch. From Ratta Pani we go up a ridge which falls steeply to a valley.
· After trekking for a couple of hours Nagaru campsite will welcome us with its flatland and magnificent views. In the north are the magnanimous mountains rising steeply across the Parvati valley along with the town of Manikaran. In the north-west Chanderkhani and the ranges of the Beas valley are visible. To the south, eyes will meet vast expanses of snow in the direction of Sar Pass.
· Nights are freezing cold. Hence we retire early to prepare for the next day.
Day 6, 31st May, Wednesday : Nagaru to Biskeri Thach via Sar Pass ( 6 - 8 hours trek )
· This is the most exciting day of the trek! After breakfast we start our climb through a ridge to Sar Pass following a snowy trail.
· After reaching the top of the hill, the magnificent peaks of the Tosh valley open up in front of the eyes. This sight makes the trek worth every penny.
· The only way to get down the top is a slide through the snow. This is of utmost fun and makes for a very memorable experience. Every precaution is taken to ensure a safe slide from the top to the gentler slopes of the valley. So do not worry at all!
· We continue walking through rhododendron bushes to reach Biskeri Thach where we camp for the night.
Day 7, 01st June, Thursday : Biskeri Thach to Barshaini and drive to Rumsu base camp ( 4-5 hours trek )
· In the morning we soak in the enchanting views of the pine forests, the majestic mountains and the extensive grasslands at Biskeri Thach before descending to Pulga village.
· From Pulga we continue to descend towards Parvati river and cross it to reach Barshaini.
· From Barshaini we drive to Kasol with the memories of a mind-blowing trek.
Day 8, 02nd June, Friday : Adventure Activity and sightseeing
· This day is reserved for adventure activities and to sight see around Naggar and Manali. At 8 AM Rock Climbing and Rappelling activities will give the adrenaline rush to our adventure-soaked souls.
· At 11 AM we drive to Naggar and view all the historical places like Roerich Art Gallery, Naggar Castle, and Tripura Sundari Temple
· After an hour of sight-seeing we move to Manali, visit the temple and indulge in shopping
· We depart from Manali to New Delhi via Volvo bus at 5 PM.
Note: One can opt to do water rafting after 11 AM instead of visiting Naggar and Manali.
Rafting cost (approx INR 1,000) will have to be borne by the individual.
Day 9, 03rd June, Saturday : Arrival at Delhi
Accommodation (camping during trek)
Guest House/Home Stay at Kasol
Transport from Delhi to Delhi
Veg meals while on trek
Trekking equipment(Tents, Sleeping bags)
First aid medical kits
Qualified and experienced trek leader, guide, and support staff
Food During Traveling (Delhi to Manali & Return)
Public Transport with in Delhi
THINGS TO CARRY
Backpack (min 60 Ltrs) with rain cover
Daypack to carry necessary things for a day (20 litres)
Trekking Shoes (Forclaz 100, 500 recommended)
3 pairs of full sleeve shirts/T-shirts
2 pairs of trekking/track pants
3 pairs of cotton socks. 2 pairs of woollen socks
1 full sleeve sweater
1 fleece jacket (preferable)
One padded/down jacket
Thermal inners - 1 Pair
1 pair of slippers
1 pair of water-resistant gloves
Rain coat/ Poncho/ Wind cheater (No umbrellas please!)
1 Light towel
Personal toilet kit – Must contain Face-wash, Toothpaste, toothbrush, Cold cream, Lip balm and sun screen (SPF 40+)
1 Toilet paper roll
2 water bottles (1 Litre each)
Headlamp or torch with fresh pair of batteries
Personal medical kit
Dark sunglasses (U/V protected)
1 Walking stick
Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
Snacks & Biscuits
Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Travel Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
Rs. 8,000 needs to be deposited for booking which is non refundable. Rest of the payment to be done 14 days before the event start date.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
Please call us on +919819021806 / +919920474297 for any query.
For any other information, please drop us an email with your name and phone number at email@example.com. Please write the subject of the mail as ‘Trikon #192 Sarpass Trek Batch 2’
Please expect a delay in response for any queries on Saturday & Sunday as Travel Trikon Team will be travelling to some or the other event. Thanks for your understanding & co-operation.
Please refer to following links for more information:
Why Travel Trikon?
Rules and Regulation
Registration & Cancellation Policy
Follow us on:
"For WhatsApp notifications on Travel Trikon upcoming events, please ping us 'UPDATE' with your 'NAME' on 9819021806"
Please save this number as Travel Trikon to receive Broadcast message
Look forward to having you with us!
Team Travel Trikon
Connect | Explore | Unwind