TREKS AND TRAILS: Explore Sandhan Valley, 21 - 22 May 2016
Contribution: Rs 1800.00
Assembly: Kasara railway station
Duration: 2 days and 2 nights
Trek Leader: Rajesh Mhaddalkar
Cost: Rs 1800.00 per person
About: Sandhan Valley, also known as Valley of suspense or Valley of Shadow, is one of the greatest canyons in the splendid setting of Sahyadri (Western Ghats). The water carved valley is 200 ft deep and about 1.5 long. Sandhan valley is located on the western side of the beautiful Bhandardara region, near Samrad village. The valley is surrounded with mighty Alang, Madan and Kulang (Known as AMK- rated as the toughest trek in Sahyadri) Ratangad, Ajoba & Kalsubai (5400 ft. highest peak in Maharashtra) mountain ranges. The brilliant and deep narrow rock floored ravine is located between the two high walls of mountain range. At some places its width is less than 3 ft and at some places sun rays unable to reach the ground. Which gives it the name: valley of shadows.
Board Kasara slow local from Mumbai CST on Friday. Train timing as below:
Board Indrayani train from Pune at 18:35
Reach Kalyan 21:00 (have dinner before you board the train)
Board local train till Kasara.
Day: 1 - Saturday
01:30 Assemble at Kasara Rail Station
05:30 Reach base village by local transport
07:00 Start full descend trek towards Sandhan Valley
13:30 Lunch in route.
16:00 Evening tea & snacks.
20:30 Dinner & night stay under open sky.
Day: 2 - Sunday
06:30 Wake up, Breakfast
08:30 Start descending toward Dehne village.
12:30 Reach Dehne village.
14:30 Start travel from Asangaon to Kalyan.
16:30 Disperse at Kalyan railway station.
Cost Includes: • Transportation from Kasara – Sandhan Valley – Dehne – Asangaon by local Transport. Day 1 - 1 veg breakfast, evening tea, and 1 veg dinner. Day 2 – 1 veg breakfast, 1 veg lunch. Equipment, expertise, guide charges and TreksandTrails charges if any.
Exclusions: Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption. Food/Tea purchase while travelling to site and back. Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required. Travel cost from Mumbai to Kasara and back.
For registration and confirmation transfer Rs. 1800.00 per person in the given a/c
Bank: State Bank of India
Account No: 32248535175
Name: Rajesh Mhaddalkar
IFSC Code: SBIN0014771
Once payment is done, please send an email to email@example.com with Transaction ID, Participant Name, email ID, mobile phone number, emergency contact number.
TreksandTrails recommended things to carry
1. Haversack to keep hands free, water bottle 3lts. One extra pair of clothes, sweater.
2. Ready to eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits etc.
3. Camera (Optional),
4. Electoral or Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder. Sleeping bag, carry matt.
5. Personal medicines. Sweaters if required. Please do not carry handbags or jolas for this trek.
6. Wear good trekking shoes, Plastic bag to keep clothes dry. Torch with extra batteries.
7. Bed sheets; please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon and a small Swiss-knife.
TreksandTrails rules for this trek
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
3. TreksandTrails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the event without prior notice.
4. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/skirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
5. Please avoid wearing gold and other jewellery (at own risk).
We would like to hear from you - call:
Rajesh Mhaddalkar: +919869629288 / +919768341848
Muhammed Yahya Virani +919768143706 / +919970043706
Disclosures on medical conditions: Visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history to the organizers. Event registration only after post-approval. As organizers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing ONLY basic first aid throughout the trip. In a case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves. The cost mentioned above is for Indian citizens ONLY payable in Indian Rupees.