We “ Swachhand Bhramanti” are planning to go for the trek to “ Harihar - Dist. Nasik and Trimbakeshwar Temple “on Dt. 17th January,2016
Duration : Dt. 17th January,2016 ( Journey Starts on 16th Jan,2016
Meeting Point: from Bhandup (w) opp.to Dreams mall, L.B.S. Road at 11.45 pm
Mode of Transport: PRIVATE Transport
Brief Introduction about Trek:
Fort:- HARIHAR Type: Hill fort Height : 1120mts - 3676ft
Fort Range : Nashik-Trimbakeshwar Grade : Medium
The fort of Harihar, lying on Trimbak range, was of significant importance in earlier periods, as there used to be a route crossing this range connecting Maharashtra to Gujarat. Trimbak range has spreaded its arms to the north of Igatpuri and west of Nasik. It is divided mainly in two parts, with forts of Basgad, Utvad, hill of Fani, Harihar and Trimbakgad on one part while the forts of Anjaneri and Hargad on the other. Vaitarna is the main river in this region. The fort appears to be rectangular in shape from its base village.Places to see on fort: While climbing the fort, we come across a rock-sheet, which has got steps carved in it. Also many grooves have been carved here for additional support. After climbing these steps, we get upto the entrance door. There is a cavern ahead of this door. Again we come across few steps after a short distance walk from this cavern. On climbing these steps we reach to the main entrance door of this fort. The fort has got a tapering plateau with a raised level in the middle. Door is located at the edge of this fort, but the way to this door has now got blocked. There is a small temple of Lord Hanumana and Lord Shiva on the plateau. A small pond is there in front of this temple. Water from this pond can be used for drinking. There are five cisterns along one side of the palace, one of which has water suitable for drinking.
Trimbakeshwar is one of the 12 Jyotirlingas. The most unique feature of the Trimbakeshwar temple is that the Shiva Linga here has three faces of the three almighty Gods of Hindu mythology – Brahma, Vishnu and Maheshwara. River Godavari originates from here. The construction of Trimbakeshwar was started in 1755 by Balaji Bajirao. The magnificent work of architecture was completed in 31 years. Trimbakeshwar is famous for the religious rituals like Narayan-Nagbali, Kalsarpa Shanti and Tripindi. Several religious festivals take place in Trimbakeshwar.
The itinerary for the trek is as given below:-
Move from Bhandup at 11.45pm on 16TH Jan,2016 via private transport- BUS
Dt. 17th January,2016
Things To be Carried Alongwith:-
●Identity Card, ● A haversack to put in all the things to be carried so that one has one hands free while walking ● Some ready to eat food ● Polythene bag for your garbage ● Medicine those if u require usually, ● Comfortable shoes ● 2-3 bunch of News-papers ● Camera – Optional, ● Lunch for Sunday i.e.17th Jan,2016 ● Water bottle 02 Liters, ● Torch with Extra Batteries, ● Extra Pair of cloths, Please do not carry sling bags or Jholas. & Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
The charges of the Trek are Rs. 950/- per head,
* Mumbai to Mumbai Transportation via Private Transport,
* Tea, Breakfast, Snacks, during the Trek, * Guide and Expertise charges
* Lunch for Sunday i.e.17th Jan,2016 &
* Personal orders of food & cold drinks etc. and any other personal Expenses
*** Registration Process:
Last Date of Registration: 14th January,2016
Advance for Registration: Rs. 400/-
Registration will be on ‘FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS’ only.
Please confirm your seat on or before 14th January 2016 by paying your advance Payment of Rs. 400/-
You can pay directly through bank transfers. Kindly get back to us for account details.
*** For More Details Contact our Team members at:
Rushikesh Sakhare 9967686828,
Pravin Ghude 9920404522,
Vaibhav Chavan 9967474496
General Rules / Instructions for the participants whoever join the Trek:-
• Kindly carry Identity proof for the trek.
• Anyone above 12 years can join the Trek. All children under 18 years old must also be accompanied by an adult / Parents
• Please book your seat (name) well in advance and reconfirm the time and date on the day of departure on phone because program may change due to unavoidable circumstances.
• Bookings for all treks shall close Three (3) days before the event date. For treks, where a private vehicle is booked bookings shall close four (4) days in advance. Bookings shall strictly be on first come first serve basis.
• Each participant shall carry things as per (Please read Things to Carry) for every trek.
• The leader’s decision will be final and all the members should abide by it. Trek leaders have the authority to alter/modify the program/route without intimation.
• The participants are advised not to wander off from the trail. Always listen to leaders for instructions and stay with the entire group throughout.
• We all are committed to keep the trail clean and urges all participants to help the cause by not littering during the trek. Keep all the waste with you and even if you find some waste, collect it and deposit at the base village at the end of the trek. Do not destroy or dirty the archeological, historical monuments.
• We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
• Any kind of addiction is strictly prohibited, ex. Smoking, drinking etc.
• Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
• Please read above Instructions/ rules and regulations. We all are bound by the same.
• Print and leave a copy of this mail specially Telephone Nos. at home, with a friend or relative in case of Emergency.
• People with heart conditions, knee problems, severe asthma or pregnant should not participate in TREKS. Participants should inform the leaders if they suffer from any illness, heart ailments, blood pressure, asthma etc. If the leaders are not informed and any untoward incident takes place, neither the leaders not Swachhand Team will be held responsible.
Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any mishaps/accidents during the program. Or any compensation in whatsoever manner.
If your friends/relatives coming with you on the trek please do inform them about the trek Rules above. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition, please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR, There will be ample of enjoyment but not at the cost of discipline.
Thanks and Regards,
Team Swachhand Bhramanti