SUMERU TREKKERS (The Adventure out there)
INVITES YOU FOR A ONE DAY Thrilling NIGHT TREK TO Gorakhgadh FORT ON 22nd April 2017
Gorakhgad is a fort that can be done easily in a day from Mumbai. Though not famous for any historical events, Gorakhgad attracts trekkers due to its inviting pinnacles, which offer good opportunities for rock-climbing. This region of Gorakhgad and Machhindragad has a dense forest cover.
Fort Gorakhgad is quite small in size. It was had strategic importance during the reign of Shahaji Raje. However, no major battle is recorded to have taken place here. It was used in Shivaji’s era to patrol the nearby region and was used as a stopover station during the journey to Junnar via Naneghat. Though small in size, there is enough availability water and a lot of space for accommodation. The fort gets its name from Saint Gorakhnath, who performed his “Sadhana” in this place.
Type : Hill Fort
Time : 2 TO 3 Hours from base village
Height : 2137 Ft.
Grade : Medium
Range : karjat
Date : 22-04-2017 (Saturday)
Participants : 50 Only,(First come first serve)
Cost 750/- per head
1) Kalyan to Kalyan transport
2) Lunch of the day
3) First aid and Expertise charges.
Trek Schedule :
Meeting point kalyan st stand 9:45pm….
Itenary for Trek:
09.45 pm : Report at Kalyan ST. stand near inquiry Counter
01:30 am: Reach Base village by ST from Kalyan
02:00 am : Introduction round, Info about Fort
02:15 am : Start ascending
04:30 am : Reach at caves & Rest till sun rise
06:00 am : Wakeup call & fresh up
06: 30am : keep your bags in caves and start for pinnacle climbing which is the best part of this trek..
07:00 am : Reach on Top, Explore the top, photography.
08:30 am : Start descending towards Dehri village
11:00am : Will reach at Base village
11:30 am : Have lunch at the base village
12:30 pm: Start return journey towards Mumbai.
Things To Be carry:
Identity proof (must)
A bottle of water (at least 3 Ltrs) Compulsory
Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
Personal Care stuff, Medicine those if u require usually
A good trekking shoes,
Please buy your return tickets and board 2nd compartment from ahead (kalyan end). Missing train would mean missing the trek.
Sumeru trekkers Rules :
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding. ***Participation confirmation only via confirmed bank transfer. ***
3. Sumeru Trekkers reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact send us a text message.
5. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
6. Payment made is nonrefundable and non-transferable.
7. Please do not carry handbags or Jolas or Sling bags. unday
For more details and Registration, Please contact on the nos. given below:
Tushar Kedar : 97736 78366 / 90295 87600
Vijay Vanker : 97734 83465 / 86919 02227
1) Bank Name: State Bank Of India
Name: Tushar Kedar
Account No : 33064879796
IFSC Code: SBIN0007212
1) Once the payment is done, please message your UTR number and your name on above contact numbers).
2) Cash payment - Please feel free to call on above numbers and we will arrange for collection of cash.