Sumeru Trekkers Invites You for Monsoon TREK to Bhimahshankar (via ladder route) on 01st & 02nd JULY 2017
The Bhimashankara temple (one of 12 Jyotirlingas) is a composite of old and the new structures and is built in the Nagara style of architecture. It is a modest yet graceful temple and it dates back to mid 18th century. The Shikhara of the temple was built by Nana Phadnavis. The great Maratha ruler Shivaji is also said to have made endowments to this temple to facilitate the carrying out, of worship services. As with other Shiva temples in this area, the sanctum is at a lower level. Trek to Bhimashankar is known to be one of the best treks in Sahyadri ranges and this time we will be ascending via Shidi ghat (Ladder route) & descending via Ganesh ghat to make it more interesting. The forest of Bhimashankar is paradise for nature lovers as it hosts several exotic specie of wildlife and the most famous of all being the elusive rust-coloured giant squirrel (Ratufa indica elphinstoni) — the state animal of Maharashtra.
Day-1: Early morning depart to Neral by Karjat Slow Train ( 05:18 am ) Detail train schedule will be declared later. Then proceed towards Khandas by local transport. Breakfast at Khandas. Post breakfast start ascending towards Bhimashankar by Ladder route. En route lunch. On arrival visit Bhimashankar temple. Evening visit Gupt Bhimashankar. Overnight at Bhimashankar.
Day-2: Early morning visit Nagfani pinnacle. Post breakfast proceed towards Khandas by Ganesh Khinda. Lunch at Khandas. Post lunch proceed towards Karjat / Neral by local transport.
Duration : 1 Night / 2 Days
Level : Medium
Highlights of this Trek are :
Visit to Bhimashankar temple (one of 12 Jyotirlingas)
Visit to Gupt Bhimashankar (The secret origin of Lord Shiva in dense forest)
Exploring wildlife of Bhimashankar wildlife sanctuary
Visit to Naghfani pinnacle
Ascend via Ladder route and descend via Ganesh Ghat
Cost 1350/- per head
Transportation from Neral to Khandas and back by local transport.
Accommodation at Bhimashankar on sharing basis (Dormitory / Homely Stay )
Meals: (Saturday- Breakfast / Dinner) & Sunday (Breakfast / Lunch)
Sumeru First aid , Expertise and Guide Charges
Saturday Lunch (Trekkers must carry tiffin for lunch)
Any Transfer till Neral/Karjat
Anything other then mentioned above
Sumeru trekkers Rules :
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding. ***Participation confirmation only via confirmed bank transfer. ***
3. Sumeru Trekkers reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact send us a text message.
5. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
6. Payment made is nonrefundable and non-transferable.
7. Please do not carry handbags or Jolas or Sling bags. Morning breakfast for Sunday
For more details and Registration, Please contact on the nos. given below:
Tushar Kedar : 97736 78366 / 90295 87600
Vijay Vanker : 97734 83465 / 86919 02227
Web site : www.sumerutrekkers.com
Facebook Page : https://web.facebook.com/sumeru.trekkers
Facebook Group : https://web.facebook.com/groups/sumerutrekkers/
1) Bank Name: State Bank Of India
Name: Tushar Kedar
Account No : 33064879796
IFSC Code: SBIN0007212
(Once the payment is done, please message your UTR number and your name on above contact numbers).
2) Cash payment - Please feel free to call on above numbers and we will arrange for collection of cash.