The monsoons bring out the Best of the Sahyadris; a carpet of green covers the mountains and the occasional showers along with the fog and mist add to its beauty. The rains give a fresh breath of life to a lot of waterfalls both big and small, which majestically cascade over these very mountains.
We at BACKPACK HOLIDAYS, would like to give you the opportunity to experience descending down a powerful yet beautiful waterfall from close quarters with a Waterfall Rappelling session at Mahuli on Sunday, 5TH August 2012.
Here is some info about the waterfall:
Type: Challenging Waterfall
Height: 150 Feet (Approx)
Meeting Point at Asangaon Railway station at the extreme Kasara End of the Platform @ 08.45hrs
How to get there: Please see that you take the 07.16hrs Kasara Fast Local (Symbol on Indicator: N) from Dadar Station (Central) and alight at Asangaon.
Note 1: Please purchase ‘Return’ tickets for Asangaon
Note 2: Missing the train would mean taking the 7.32AM Asangaon Fast from PF.4 which reaches Asangaon @ 09.00hrs
Note 3: Please carry your own Lunch for the day.
The itinerary for the Event is given below:
Train from Dadar to Asangaon (~1.75hrs)
Rickshaw to Mahuli (~0.25hrs)
Hike to the waterfall (~0.5hrs)
Breakfast & Instructions (~0.5hrs)
Rappelling starts at 10:30
We should be back at Asangaon station at 6.00PM (Subjective)
The cost of this Event would be Rs. 850/-
The above cost includes:
> Travel from Asangaon to Mahuli & Back by rickshaw
> Breakfast & Tea
> 1 Rappel down the waterfall
> Evening Tea and Snacks
> All Equipment & Expertise charges.
Please get in touch with Dimesh on to register your group.
Important Note: Only 25 Seats available on First come first served basis.
Registrations will be confirmed only on the receiving of fees. People who pay first will be allowed to take the activity first
Extra Rappel will Cost Rs. 200 and will be allowed only after the entire group has finished.
Here is a list of all the things that need to be carried for the trek:
1. A haversack to put in all the things to be carried....so that one has ones hands free while trekking. Please do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
2. At least 1 liter of water.(Compulsory)
3. A set of Spare clothes.
4. Ensure that you wear appropriate footwear/clothes.
5. Lunch for the day (Unless u plan on going hungry)
6. Optional: Camera & something to munch on.
Few rules that we would like people to follow:
1. Possession and/or consumption of Alcohol will strictly not be permitted on the trek & would lead to expulsion from the trek.
2. Smoking will permitted only with the consent of the leader and the person will have to move away from the group to smoke.
3. The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.
4. Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
5. Please do not wear any jewellery or gold chains/rings.
6. Please do not litter
Dimesh Patel -