Small Steps Adventures: One day Trek to Tikona fort, Lonavla on 06th Aug’17.
Tikona (Marathi: तिकोना) also known as Vitandgad) is the dominant hill fort in Maval in western India. It is located nearKamshet around 60 km from Pune. The village nearest to the fort is called Tikona-Peth. The 3500 ft high hill is pyramidal in shape and the name Tikona means "triangle".
The fort is a trekking destination noted for the large doors, the temple of 'Trimbakeshwar Mahadev', a water tanks (seven water tanks) and some Satvahan caves. Trek organisers also commend the views of Pawna dam and the nearby forts ofTung, Lohagad and Visapur. There is Pawana lake at the summit.
Meeting point at Kamshet at 8.35 am on 06th Aug’17
Board Indrayani Express from CST on Sunday morning at 5.40 am and alight at Lonavala by 8:00 am. (With ticket till Kamshet)
Time table of Indrayani Express :
05.40 Mumbai CST
From lonavala move to kamshet by local – 8.15 am platform no -3
Board the Pune Lonavala local train - suggested train timings are as below
Pune Station: 06:27 am
Shivaji Nagar : 06:33 am
Kamshet Station: 07:30 am
8.45 am: Start Journey towards tikona base village by jeep & breakfast.
9.45 am: Start trek
11.45 am: Reach top & explore beauty of Tikona fort.
02.00 pm: Lunch at base & move towards Kamshet.
04.00 pm: Reach kamshet then move towards Lonavla by local.
From lonavla, travel by bus or train till Mumbai / Pune
Cost: INR 850/-
Includes: Kamshet to Kamshet Travelling, Breakfast, Lunch, Trek expertise, GST.
Excludes: Travelling till kamshet, any other personal expenses.
Things to carry:
1. At least 2 ltrs of drinking water.
2. Photo ID card.
3. Good trekking or sport shoes (Compulsory)
4. Some ready to eat food (plum cakes, biscuits)
5. Electral/Tang powder/Glucose-D/salt
6. Cap, camera, mobiles phones, socks, extra pairs of cloths. (if required)
7. Any personal medicine.
****Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek/camp leader's decision will be final and binding.
3. Small Steps reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
6. Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry.
7. Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
√ Payment details:
1) While online transfer, please provide your name in notes section.
2) Once payment is done, please send an email to mail@Smallstepsadventures.com with transaction id, name.
Name: Small Steps Adventures
A/c type: Current account
IFSC – IBKL0001043
A/c no.: 1043102000005333
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
1. if cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
2. If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded
3. After that no refund will be provided.