Dear All Adventure Lovers,
We at SMALL-STEPS Group, glad to invites you ALL for every trekkers Dream Trek to NIGHT TREK and CAMPING TO PRABALGAD ON 6th& 7th June 2015 (Leaving 6th June, Saturday Night)
Little Info about The Fort
Type: Hill Fort
Height: 2320 Feet above MSL (Approx)
Base Village: Thakurwadi
Prabalgad fort, or Muranjan fort in its present form, was built during Bahmani Sultanate to keep an eye on Panvel Fort and Kalyan Fort in North Konkan. Around 1458 AD, Malik Ahmad, the prime minister of the kingdom of Ahmednagar, took over the fort during his conquest of Konkan. During the collapse of the Ahmadnagar Sultanate, Shahaji tried helping them unsuccessfully against the separate forces of the Mughal Empireand the Adil Shahi dynasty and moved to Muranjan, along with wife Jijabai and younger son Shivaji for a brief period.
There is a dense forest on the way till the top. Historical references indicate that Freedom fighter UmajiNaik made a stay here in 1826.The fort top commands an excellent view of the surroundings with Prabalgad in the front. Matheran, Chanderi, Irshal,Karnala, Manikgad, etc can be easily identified.
Also, Get ready with your cameras to shoot the actual stars. Nothing can beat the visibility of stars in dark skies.
Meeting Point: @ Panvel Station, 4.15 PM ……..
Trek schedule 6th June 2015 / Saturday:
4. 15 pm: Meet @ Panvel Station
4. 30 pm: leave from Panvel for base village
6. 00 pm: Introduction & Start trek
9.00 pm: Reach prabalmachi (base village / Camp Site)
Dinner & tent pitching and Play some games and shoot the actual stars
Trek schedule Sunday:
5.00 am: Wakeup Call & get ready for Trek
8.00 am: Reach to Prabalgad (Reach the Top) / Site seeing / top view of kalavantin Durg
Starting descending for prabalmachi
10.00 pm: Breakfast at Prabalmachi
11:00 pm: Start Descending
12.00 pm: Reach the base and head for Panvel station
12.30 pm: Reach Panvel Station
COST: For All peoples Rs.850/- per head
Cost Includes: -Day 1: Dinner
Day 2: Breakfast & Tea, Camping in Tents & Transportation cost (Local Transport, Jeep/Tumtum)
Excludes: -(Any other personal expenses other than above)
Things to carry:-
****Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek leader's decision will be final and binding.
3. Small Steps reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
6. Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry.
7. Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
Registration through phone calls only.
PL CALL US FOR ANY QUEIRY & CONFIRM YOUR SEAT.
RAVI : 7738073691
Sagar ...9766186653 / 9029737972 ( Whatsapp)
1) While online transfer, please provide your name in notes section.
2) Once payment is done, please send an email to & with transaction id, participant name, email id, cell phone number.
Bank: Axis Bank
Branch Details: GOREGAON (E), MUMBAI
Name: Yogendrasing Kumarsing Patil
A/c no: 913010000272474
MICR code: 400211033
IFS code: UTIB0000373
Like our FB page to get notification of upcoming events to your wall
Latest Treks & Photos Links
1. Camping & trek to lohagad
2. Camping & Trek to Prabalgad :
3.Trek to Rajmachi with night stay & visit to kondane Caves:
4. Kalavantin Durg Trek: