Small Steps Adventures: Trek to Valley of Shadow “Sandhan Valley” on 19th – 20th Nov’16.
Small Steps Adventure, Invites you for trekking near Mumbai to explore the Sandhan Valley (leaving Friday night)
Date : 19th – 20th Nov’16.
Contribution: Rs 1700.00
Assembly: Kasara railway station
Duration: 2 days and 2 nights
Sandhan Valley, also known as Valley of suspense or Valley of Shadow, is one of the greatest canyons in the splendid setting of Sahyadri (Western Ghats). The water carved valley is 200 ft deep and about 1.5 long. Sandhan valley is located on the western side of the beautiful Bhandardara region, near Samrad village. The valley is surrounded with mighty Alang, Madan and Kulang (Known as AMK- rated as the toughest trek in Sahyadri) Ratangad, Ajoba & Kalsubai (5400 ft. highest peak in Maharashtra) mountain ranges. The brilliant and deep narrow rock floored ravine is located between the two high walls of mountain range. At some places its width is less than 3 ft and at some places sun rays unable to reach the ground. Which gives it the name: valley of shadow.
Board Kasara slow local from Mumbai CST on Friday. Train timing as below:
18:35 Board Indrayani train from Pune
21:00 Reach Kalyan
Day: 1 – Saturday i.e on 19th Nov’16
01:30 Assemble at Kasara Rail Station
05:30 Reach base village by local transport
06:15 Start full descend trek towards Sandhan Valley
13:30 Lunch in route.
16:00 Evening tea & snacks.
20:30 Dinner & night stay In Tents
Day: 2 – Sunday i.e on 20th Nov’16.
06:30 Wake up, Breakfast
08:30 Start descending toward Dehne village.
12:30 Reach Dehne village.
14:30 Start travel from Asangaon.
Inclusions: Transport from kasara to base village to asangaon + food (BF, Lunch, Dinner, Morning BF at Dehane) + Technical expertise + tent stay +First aid.
Exclusions: Any Other personal expences.
Things to carry:
>A good trekking shoe.
>A good torch with extra batteries (Mandatory)
>Identity proof (Mandatory)
>At least 2 Liters of water. (Mandatory)
>Full sleeves t-shirt and full length pant (Mandatory - To protect from Sun, insects, bushes etc.)
>Extra pair of clothes. (Mandatory - To change after trek (Can be kept in vehicle during trek))
>A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has ones hands free while trekking.
>sweater or shawl (Optional)
>Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc. (Optional)
>Cap, Scarf, Sun glasses etc. (Optional)
>Medicine those if you require usually (Optional).
> Bring plate and spoon to avoid use of plastic.
>Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek/camp leader's decision will be final and binding.
3. Small Steps reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
6. Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry.
7. Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
√ Payment details:
1) While online transfer, please provide your name in notes section.
2) Once payment is done, please send an email to mail@Smallstepsadventures.com with transaction id, name.
Name: Small Steps Adventures
A/c type: Current account
Account no.: 1043102000005333
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
1. if cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
2. If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded
3. After that no refund will be provided.