Small Steps Adventures: Trek to Bhimashankar Via shidi ghat on 29th – 30th July’17
Bhimashankar situated in the village of Bhavagiri, is a famous pilgrimage site at the end of the Sahyadri range. It is one of the twelve Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva in India. The beautiful stone temple around 3296 feet high and the feeling of being lost in wilderness has made Bhimashankar a major trekking destination.
Highlights of Trek:
1) Bhimashankar temple
2) Ascending via shidighat and descending via ganeshghat
3) Stay at bhimashankar machi.
4) Best jungle trail
5) Waterfalls throughout the trek.
Base Village: Khandas
Level: Medium (only advisable for experienced trekkers)
Train from CST to Karjat
CST: 11.15 am on Saturday 29th July’17
Thane: 11.54 am
Karjat: 01.05 pm
29th July, 2017 (Saturday)
1.15 pm: Meeting point at karjat station (outside station), Start journey towards khandas village
2.15 pm: Reach at base village (khandas), start trek after introduction and instructions.
6.30 pm: Reach at first plateau after shidighat, Tea break
8.00 pm: stay at village hut and Dinner.
30th July, 2017 (Sunday)
5.00 am: Wakeup call and Breakfast.
5.45 am: start trek towards bhimashankar temple.
9.00 am: Reach top and explore.
12.30 pm: Reach to back where we stayed in hut and lunch
1.30 pm: Start return journey via Ganesh ghat.
5.30 pm: Reach Khandas village.
6.30 pm: Karjat station.
INR 1500/- per person
Transportation from Karjat to Karjat, stay at village hut, trek expertise, and first aid kit.
Saturday- Evening tea, Dinner
Sunday- Breakfast, Lunch
Excludes: Any other expenses other than Inclusions
Things to carry:
1. A good trekking shoe.
2. A good torch with extra batteries (Mandatory)
3. Identity proof (Mandatory)
4. At least 2 Liters of water. (Mandatory)
5. Full sleeves t-shirt and full length pant (Mandatory - To protect from Sun, insects, bushes etc.)
6. Extra pair of clothes. (Mandatory - To change after trek (Can be kept in vehicle during trek))
7. A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has ones hands free while trekking.
8. Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
9. Rain coats/ Windcheater / Poncho etc. (Optional)
10. Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc. (Optional)
11. Cap, Scarf, Sun glasses etc. (Optional)
12. Medicine those if you require usually (Optional).
13. Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek/camp leader's decision will be final and binding.
3. Small Steps reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
6. Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry.
7. Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
√ Payment details:
1) While online transfer, please provide your name in notes section.
2) Once payment is done, please send an email to mail@Smallstepsadventures.com with transaction id, name.
Name: Small Steps Adventures
A/c type: Current account
A/c no.: 1043102000005333
IFSC – IBKL0001043
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
1. If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
2. If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
3. After that no refund will be provided.