Small Steps Adventures: One day monsoon trek to Korigad on 13th August, 2017.
Type: Hill Fort
Height: 3050 Feet above MSL (Approx )
Endurance Level: easy
Base Village: Thakurwadi
History : Shivaji Maharaj incorporated this fort in Swarajya along with Lohgad, Visapur, Tung and Tikona in 1657. On March 11, 1818, Col. Prother invaded this fort but could not succeed even after prolonged fighting. Finally he succeeded on 14th March, by dropping a cannon ball where the ammunition was stored. Along with this fort the English also conquered Ghangad.
Highlights of Korigad :
2 Large ponds
Fortification of the fort
Beautiful views of the surrounding valleys
Walk along the entire perimeter of the fort (about 2 km)
Aamby Valley View from top
From here Nagphani Point, Tung, Tikona, Matheran, Prabalgad, Karnala and Manikgad ranges can be viewed.
08:00 am: Reach Lonavala Station and proceed towards the base village
09:00 am: Arrival at base village. Breakfast & Introduction session
09:30 am: Start climbing towards on Korigad
11:00 am: Explore Korigad and enjoy the scenic view of the Fort.
01:30 pm: Start descending towards base village.
Have lunch and proceed back towards Lonavala Station.
INR 950/- per person
Transport by private vehicle Lonavla to Lonavla, Lunch (veg / non veg), Breakfast, Expert team to guide participant, first aid kit, GST.
Anything not mentioned in the Include list
Things to carry:-
1. At least 3 ltrs of drinking water.
2. Photo ID card.
3. Good trekking or sport shoes.
4. Some ready to eat food (plum cakes, biscuits)
5. Jackets / raincoat.
6. Electral/Tang powder/Glucose-D/salt
7. Cap, camera, mobiles phones, socks, extra pairs of cloths. (if required)
8. Any personal medicine.
****Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek leader's decision will be final and binding.
3. Small Steps reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
6. Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry.
7. Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
√ Payment details:
1) While online transfer, please provide your name in notes section.
2) Once payment is done, please send an email to mail@Smallstepsadventures.com with transaction id, name.
Name: Small Steps Adventures
A/c type: Current account
IFSC – IBKL0001043
A.c no.: 1043102000005333
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
1. if cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
2. If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded
3. After that no refund will be provided.