Small Steps Adventures: One day trek to Ajoba hills on 2nd October 2016.
Height: 4511 ft
Type: Hill trek
Ajoba is one of the highest peak in Sahyadri. One of the best places to trek near Mumbai. We can be climbed either from eastern or from western side. The climb from eastern side takes longer time. There is a Valmiki Ashram at half way to the fort. The rest path to the top is said to be risky during monsoon. Near the Ashram, there is a small hut where we can stay. A small water stream provides us with pure water. The way beyond Ashram leads to a rivulet, crossing which we can reach the cave of ‘LUV-KUSH’. To reach this spot we have to ascend the way of waterfall for one and half hour. Above this cave there is a precipice called ‘Cradle of Sitamai’. In the cave there are the carved “Padukas” or the footprints of Luv and Kush. This precipice is a real challenge for trekkers. The ashram is a sacred place and people from all over Maharashtra come here. There are some carved stones near the ashram, on which some carved idols depict some story.
Train timing to reach Asangaon is as below.
07:30 am: Report at Asangaon railway station
07:45 am: Group introduction/orientation and have breakfast.
09:15 am: Reach base village
09:30 am: Start trek
12:30 pm: Reach in Valmiki ashram, lunch at the ashram
02:30 pm: Start descending Ajoba.
05:30 pm: Reach at base village, travel to Asangaon by Bus / Jeep
07:00 pm: Group disperses at Asangaon railway station.
Rs : 900/-
Breakfast + Lunch + private travel from Asangaon + technical Expertise Charges + first aid kit.
Any other personal expenses other than above mentioned.
Things to carry:
>A good trekking shoe.
>A good torch with extra batteries (Mandatory)
>Identity proof (Mandatory)
>At least 2 Liters of water. (Mandatory)
>Full sleeves t-shirt and full length pant (Mandatory - To protect from Sun, insects, bushes etc.)
>Extra pair of clothes. (Mandatory - To change after trek (Can be kept in vehicle during trek))
>A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has ones hands free while trekking.
>sweater or shawl (Optional)
>Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc. (Optional)
>Cap, Scarf, Sun glasses etc. (Optional)
>Medicine those if you require usually (Optional).
> Bring plate and spoon to avoid use of plastic.
>Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek/camp leader's decision will be final and binding.
3. Small Steps reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
6. Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry.
7. Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
√ Payment details:
1) While online transfer, please provide your name in notes section.
2) Once payment is done, please send an email to mail@Smallstepsadventures.com with transaction id, name.
Name: Small Steps Adventures
A/c type: Current account
Account no.: 1043102000005333
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
1. if cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
2. If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded
3. After that no refund will be provided.