Small Steps Adventures: One day Trek to Tikona fort, Lonavla on 12th June’16.
Tikona (Marathi: तिकोना) also known as Vitandgad) is the dominant hill fort in Maval in western India. It is located nearKamshet around 60 km from Pune. The village nearest to the fort is called Tikona-Peth. The 3500 ft high hill is pyramidal in shape and the name Tikona means "triangle".
The fort is a trekking destination noted for the large doors, the temple of 'Trimbakeshwar Mahadev', a water tanks (seven water tanks) and some Satvahan caves. Trek organisers also commend the views of Pawna dam and the nearby forts ofTung, Lohagad and Visapur. There is Pawana lake at the summit.
Meeting point: Panvel Station.
7.00 am: Sharp we start from Panvel station
9.00 am: Pick up Pune people@ Kamshet Highway( Near Kamshet Station)
10.00 am : Reach base village
- Introduction & start ascend
- 2 hr to reach top
- explore fort
1.00 pm: tiffin sharing on top of fort
2.30pm: Start descend
4.00 pm: Reach base village.
6.00 pm Drop at Lonavla Station
8.00 pm: @Panvel
Total cost Per Head:
- Mumbai: Rs 800/-
-Pune: Rs 650/-
Cost includes: BF+ Tea + Evening + traveling by by Private Bus)
Things to carry:
1. At least 2 litter of drinking water.
2. Photo ID card.
3. Good trekking or sport shoes (Compulsory)
4. Some ready to eat food (plum cakes, biscuits)
5. Electral/Tang powder/Glucose-D/salt
6. Cap, camera, mobiles phones, socks, extra pairs of cloths. ( if required)
7. Any personal medicine.
****Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek/camp leader's decision will be final and binding.
3. Small Steps reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
6. Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry.
7. Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
√ Payment details:
1) While online transfer, please provide your name in notes section.
2) Once payment is done, please send an email to mail@Smallstepsadventures.com with transaction id, name.
Name: Small Steps Adventures
A/c type: Current account
IFSC – IBKL0001043
A.c no.: 1043102000005333