Small Steps Adventures: One day Trek to Harihar Fort on 23rd July, 2017
The fort of Harihar, lying on Trimbak range, was of significant importance in earlier periods, as there used to be a route crossing this range connecting Maharashtra to Gujarat. Trimbak range has spreaded its arms to the north of Igatpuri and west of Nasik. It is divided mainly in two parts, with forts of Basgad, Utvad, hill of Fani, Harihar and Trimbakgad on one part while the forts of Anjaneri and Hargad on the other. Vaitarna is the main river in this region. The fort appears to be rectangular in shape from its base village.Places to see on fort: While climbing the fort, we come across a rock-sheet, which has got steps carved in it. Also many grooves have been carved here for additional support. After climbing these steps, we get upto the entrance door. There is a cavern ahead of this door. Again we come across few steps after a short distance walk from this cavern. On climbing these steps we reach to the main entrance door of this fort. The fort has got a tapering plateau with a raised level in the middle. Door is located at the edge of this fort, but the way to this door has now got blocked. There is a small temple of Lord Hanumana and Lord Shiva on the plateau. A small pond is there in front of this temple. Water from this pond can be used for drinking. There are five cisterns along one side of the palace, one of which has water suitable for drinking.
Type: - Hill fort
Height: - 1120mts - 3676ft
Grade: - Easy- medium
22nd July, 2017 (Saturday)
Catch train from CST: 10.50 pm
23rd July, 2017 (Sunday)
1.30 am: Meet @ kasara railway station and start our journey by private vehicle.
1.45 am: Move towards harihar fort base village
6.00 am: Ascending to harihar Fort
10.00 am: reach to top of fort
11.30 am: start descending fort.
2.00 pm: lunch break @ base village
3.00 pm: start towards kasara
INR 1000 /- Per Person
Breakfast, Tea, Lunch, kasara to kasara Transportation, Expertise Charges, Service Tax
Any other personal expenses other than above mentioned.
Things to carry:
1. At least 2 ltrs of drinking water.
2. Torch, raincoat
3. Photo ID card.
4. Good trekking or sport shoes (Compulsory)
5. Some ready to eat food (plum cakes, biscuits)
6. Electral/Tang powder/Glucose-D/salt
7. Cap, camera, mobiles phones, socks, extra pairs of cloths. ( if required)
8. Any personal medicine.
****Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek/camp leader's decision will be final and binding.
3. Small Steps reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
6. Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry.
7. Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
√ Payment details:
1) While online transfer, please provide your name in notes section.
2) Once payment is done, please send an email to mail@Smallstepsadventures.com with transaction id, name.
Name: Small Steps Adventures
A/c type: Current account
IFSC – IBKL0001043
A/c no.: 1043102000005333
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
1. if cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
2. If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded
3. After that no refund will be provided.