Small Steps Adventures: Night trek to the jewel of sahyadri Ratangad fort
Ratangad is hill fort in the Sahyadris, near Bhandardara dam. The fort, initially ruled by the Mughals, was conquered by Shivaji Maharaj who loved it like a jewel! It is known to be more than 20 centuries old and is the origin of the enormous river Pravara, also known as Amrutvahini. It boasts of clear views of the Kalasubai peak and the Kokan-Kada (where the Sahyadris descend steeply into Konkan), thus becoming a trekker’s and photographer’s delight.
The 1000 year old Amruteshwar temple at Ratanwadi, the base village is a must visit. At the start of trek, the trails leads into a thick forest which will last for one hour. Then you come across long and firmly fitted series of 5 ladders which brings you to the enormous cave where around 50 people can be accommodated comfortably. On the way to the top, there are huge water tanks which trekkers use as a source of water. It is full almost throughout the year. Half an hour trek into knee deep grasses, we reach the top. At the top there is a giant hole caused by wind erosion called ‘The needle’. The view from there is spectacular. A perfect site for photography enthusiast.
10:50 pm - Board Kasara fast local from CST starting at 22:50.
01:18 am - Gather at Kasara railway station and start journey to base village Ratanwadi in private car.
04:00 am - Reach base village. Have an introduction round followed by important instructions. Start trekking
06:30 am - Reach the caves. Have breakfast and trek towards the ‘Needle’ point. Enjoy the beautiful views.
08:30 am - Start descending.
11:00 am - Reach the base village and have lunch.
12:30 pm - Start journey to Kasara in private jeep.
02:30 pm - Reach Kasara and depart for home with the happy memories.
COST: INR 900 per person.
- Travel to and from base village
- Breakfast and tea
- Expertise charge and first aid
- Local train tickets.
- Anything not mentioned in ‘Inclusions’
Things to carry:
1. At least 2 litter of drinking water.
2. Photo ID card, Torch is mandatory.
3. Good trekking or sport shoes (Compulsory)
4. Some ready to eat food (plum cakes, biscuits)
5. Electral/Tang powder/Glucose-D/salt
6. Cap, camera, mobiles phones, socks, extra pairs of cloths. ( if required)
7. Any personal medicine.
****Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek/camp leader's decision will be final and binding.
3. Small Steps reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
6. Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry.
7. Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
√ Payment details:
1) While online transfer, please provide your name in notes section.
2) Once payment is done, please send an email to mail@Smallstepsadventures.com with transaction id, name.
Name: Small Steps Adventures
A/c type: Current account
IFSC – IBKL0001043
A.c no.: 1043102000005333
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
1. if cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
2. If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded
3. After that no refund will be provided.