Small Steps Adventures: Night Trek to Mahuli Fort.
Dear All Adventure Lovers,
Little info about The Fort:
Name: Mahuli Fort
Type: Hill Fort
Height: 2815 FT above MSL (Approx)
Base Village: Mahuli
MAHULI FORT: The creator of this fort is unknown. In 1485 this place came under rule Nijam-shahi dynasty. When Shahaji Raje became the secretary of Nijamshahi,
Mughals of Delhi tried to end Nijamshahi. In 1635-36, Shahaji Raje transferred himself with Jijabai and Shivaji Maharaj to Mahuli. When Khan Jaman attacked the fort, Shahaji asked Portuguese for help, who refused and Shahaji surrendered.
Shivaji Maharaj took this fort from Mughals on 8 Jan 1658. In 1661 it was given back and was won again by Shivaji Maharaj. In treaty of Purandar,
In 1665, Marathas lost these forts again. In Feb 1670, Shivaji Maharaj tried to conquer Mahuli, but failed, Manohardas Gaud, was the in charge of the fort. A thousand Marathas were killed. Manohardas Gaud, soon gave up his position and Alveerdi Beg took over. On 16 June 1670, after two months, Moropant Pingle conquered the forts and Mahuli, Bhandargad and Palasgad became part of Swarajya. Till 1817, Shivaji Maharaj's dynasty owned the fort but later on it was controlled by the British Raj.
Meeting Point: Asangaon Station @ 9:00 pm.
9:30 pm: Reach to Base Village & Have a Delicious Dinner
10:00 pm: Fun games and rest for day.
05:00 am: Wake-up call and ready for trek.
08:30 am: Reach Top and explore fort.
09:00 am: Start Descending
10:30 am: Reach back to Base Village & Breakfast.
11.30 am: Reach to Asangaon Station
COST: INR 800 per person
Transportation cost (Asangaon to Asangaon by Private vehicle / Jeep etc), Dinner, Morning Breakfast, Tea,
Excludes: - Any other personal expenses other than above
Things to carry:-
Chaddar and mattress
At least 3 litter of drinking water.
Torch with extra batteries.
Photo ID card.
Good trekking or sport shoes.
Some ready to eat food (plum cakes, biscuits)
Jackets (photo acche aate hey)
Cap, camera, mobiles phones, socks, extra pairs of cloths. (if required)
Any personal medicine.
****Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek leader's decision will be final and binding.
3. Small Steps reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
6. Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry.
7. Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
√ Payment details:
1) While online transfer, please provide your name in notes section.
2) Once payment is done, please send an email to mail@Smallstepsadventures.com with transaction id, name.
Name: Small Steps Adventures
A/c type: Current account
IFSC – IBKL0001043
A.c no.: 1043102000005333
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
1. if cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
2. If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded
3. After that no refund will be provided.