SSA – Flamingo Boat Ride, Thane creek.
About: The sanctuary will be the State’s second marine sanctuary after the one at Malvan. The 1,690-hectare bird haven — 896 hectares of mangrove forests and 794 hectares of a waterbody — is on the western bank of the creek, between the Airoli and the Vashi bridges connecting Mumbai and Navi Mumbai. Its eco-sensitive zone will be the adjoining mangrove areas on either side of the creek, which are already notified as reserve forests. India is home to two types of flamingos from a total of 6 recognized around the world – Greater Flamingo and Lesser Flamingo. Both types can be seen at thane creek during the migratory season.
Highlights of the Tour:
· Closer look at Mumbai's famous pink visitors - the flamingos.
· A boat ride in the creek
· Best place for Bird photography
09th April, 2017
23rd April, 2017
Meeting Point Bhandup Pumping Station Bus Stop by 8.00 am. 30 min walk till boating point. We will start boating by 9.00 am after introduction and instruction session. 1.30 hr session of bird watching and other guidance. (PS: Time given in itinerary is considering normal weather, time of this trip depends on tide timings. So the actual time of the trail will be given one day prior to the event)
1. Boat ride
2. Expertise charges
3. Service Tax
Breakfast and other personal Expenses
Things to carry:-
1. At least 2 ltrs of drinking water.
2. Photo ID card.
3. Good trekking or sport shoes.
4. Some ready to eat food (plum cakes, biscuits)
5. Jackets (photo acche aate hey)
6. Electral/Tang powder/Glucose-D/salt
7. Cap, camera, mobiles phones, socks. (if required)
8. Any personal medicine.
****Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
Note: There are no shops / hotels near location.
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Group leader's decision will be final and binding.
3. Small Steps reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
6. Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry.
7. Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
√ Payment details:
1) While online transfer, please provide your name in notes section.
2) Once payment is done, please send an email to mail@Smallstepsadventures.com with transaction id, name.
Name: Small Steps Adventures
A/c type: Current account
IFSC – IBKL0001043
A.c no.: 1043102000005333
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
1. if cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
2. If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded
3. After that no refund will be provided.