Hello to all
We “ Swachhand Bhramanti” are planning to go for the trek to “ Harishchandragad on Dt. 26th Dec,2015 to 27th Dec,2015
Duration : Dt. 26th Dec,2015 to 27th Dec,2015
(Journey Starts on 25th Dec,2015 From Bhandup( w) opposite to Dreams Mall, LBS Road at 11.00 pm
Meeting Point and pick up points
1. for Thane participants :- Thane fly-over (opp. Internity Mall) at 11.30 pm. Dt.25th Dec,2015
2. For Mumbai Town Side-Western side Participants: - Near Bhandup Stn. opposite to Dreams Mall, LBS Road at 11.00 pm
Mode of Transport: PRIVATE TRANSPORT
Type : Hill Fort Fort Range : Malshej District : Ahmednagar Height above sea level : 4510 ft. Difficulty rating:Medium Base village : Khireshwar
Harishchandragad Fort is famous for its height, its toughness and the famous 'Konkan Kada' 1800 ft. Harishchandra Temple is known to be the pride of the fort. Sant Changdev stayed here for some time and completed his manuscript - 'Tatwasaar'. The Nandi and Shivling in the temple are breathtaking.Harishchandragad Fort is situated in Junnar region near Malshej Ghat. Rohidas, Taramati and Harishchandra are the three peaks in Harishchandragad. Many peaks, fort and other beautiful places such as Malshej Ghat, Jivdhan, Nane Ghat, Ratangad, Kalsubai, etc. can also be seen from here.
Sightseeing : To the east of the temple is a well-built lake called "Saptatirtha". On its bank are temple-like constructions in which there are idols of Lord Vishnu. Going rightwards of Harishchandreshwar temple,we come across a huge cave of Kedareshwar, in which there is a big Shivlinga, which is totally surrounded by water. Konkan Kada (Konkan cliff) most interesting point on this fort is this cliff. Caves onHarishchandragad are situated all over the fort. Many of these are situated at the foot of Taramati peak & are the place of accommodation. Nageshwar temple near Khireshwar is a great antique construction, and diverse artistic works are seen on this.
The itinerary for the trek is as given below:-
Journey starts from Bhandup , opposite to Dreams Mall, LBS Road at 11.00 pmTraveling through Mumbai-Kalyan-Via-Malshej ghat-Khireshwar (Base Village)
Day----1 Dt. 26.12.2015
4.00 am Base Village of Harishchandragad Khireshwar [Taking Rest at Khireshwar]
6.00 am Tea and breakfast , Round of introductions, rules and regulations etc.
6.30 am Start ascending the fort around (It will take approx 4.30 hrs to reach temple on fort.)
11.00 am at Harishchandragad top, Lunch Break, relaxing, and freshing up, Sight Seeing
take a eve.tea,snacks then go for, Kokan Kada,other sightseeing
05.30 pm at Kokankada- Harishchandrgad
07.15 pm Back to cave , later Dinner Preparation at Harishchandragad and Night Halt
Day ----- 2 Sunday 27th December 2015
Get up Early morning Tea and Breakfast
08.00 am Harishchandragad Sight Seeing
10.30 am Descend towards Khireshwar ( Base village of Harishchandragad)
02.00 pm at Khireshwar Village…. ( Lunch Break )
03.30 pm Return Journey Towards Mumbai.
We will be in Mumbai 10.00 pm (Tentative )
Things To be Carried Alongwith:-
● Identity Card, ● A haversack to put in all the things to be carried so that one has one hands free while walking ●Some ready to eat food ● Polythene bag for your garbage ● Medicine those if u require usually ● Comfortable shoes, sandals, extra pair of socks ● 2-3 bunch of News-papers
● Camera – Optional ● Lunch for Saturday 26.12.2015 (Compulsory) , ● Water bottle 02 Liters,
● TORCH with extra batteries (Compulsory) ● A spoon, glass and a plate (Compulsory)
●Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes ● Carry mat /sleeping bag / bed sheet (Compulsory)
● Please Note …night temperatures can be cold, if require carry Light woolen sweater
Please do not carry sling bags or Jholas. & Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
The charges of the Trek are Rs. 1100/- per head,
* Mumbai to Mumbai Transportation via Private Transport,
* Tea, Breakfast, Snacks, Lunch, Dinner during the Trek
* Stay Arrangement * Guide and Expertise charges
* Lunch for Saturday i.e.26/12/2015 ,
* Personal orders of food & cold drinks etc. and any other personal Expenses
*** Registration Process:
Last Date of Registration: 19th December, 2015
Advance for Registration: Rs. 500/-
Registration will be on ‘FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS’ only.
Please confirm your seat on or before 19th December 2015 by paying your advance Payment of Rs.800/- OR You can pay directly through bank transfers. Kindly get back to us for account details.
*** For More Details Contact our Team members at:
Darshan Koli 9820998445,
Pravin Ghude 9920404522,
Rushikesh Sakhare 9967686828,
General Rules / Instructions for the participants, Leaders whoever join the Trek:-
· Kindly carry Identity proof for the trek.
· Anyone above 12 years can join the Trek. All children under 18 years old must also be accompanied by an adult / Parents
· Please book your seat (name) well in advance and reconfirm the time and date on the day of departure on phone because program may change due to unavoidable circumstances.
· Bookings for all treks shall close Three (3) days before the event date. For treks, where a private vehicle is booked bookings shall close four (4) days in advance. Bookings shall strictly be on first come first serve basis.
· Each participant shall carry things as per (Please read Things to Carry) for every trek.
· The leader’s decision will be final and all the members should abide by it. Trek leaders have the authority to alter/modify the program/route without intimation.
· The participants are advised not to wander off from the trail. Always listen to leaders for instructions and stay with the entire group throughout.
· We all are committed to keep the trail clean and urges all participants to help the cause by not littering during the trek. Keep all the waste with you and even if you find some waste, collect it and deposit at the base village at the end of the trek. Do not destroy or dirty the archeological, historical monuments.
· We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
· Any kind of addiction is strictly prohibited, ex. Smoking, drinking etc.
· Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
· Please read above Instructions/ rules and regulations. We all are bound by the same.
· Print and leave a copy of this mail specially Telephone Nos. at home, with a friend or relative in case of Emergency.
· People with heart conditions, knee problems, severe asthma or pregnant should not participate in TREKS. Participants should inform the leaders if they suffer from any illness, heart ailments, blood pressure, asthma etc. If the leaders are not informed and any untoward incident takes place, neither the leaders not Swachhand Team will be held responsible.
· Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any mishaps/accidents during the program. Or any compensation in whatsoever manner.
· If your friends/relatives coming with you on the trek please do inform them about the trek Rules above. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition, please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR, There will be ample of enjoyment but not at the cost of discipline.
Thanks and Regards,
Team Swachhand Bhramanti