We “ Swachhand Bhramanti” are planning to go for trek to “The Samarbhumi- Umberkhind via Kurwande Ghat “on Dt. 21st February-2016
Duration : Dt. 21st February,2016
Meeting Point : At Lonavala Rly Station near Ticket Counter by 08.00 am
Mode of Transport : LOCAL Transport like Jeep/ Tumtum/ Bus
Battle of Umberkhind took place on on 2 February 1661 in the mountain range of Sahyadri near the city of Pen, Maharashtra. The battle was fought between the Maratha under Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj and the Kartalab Khan of Mughals. The Marathas defeated the Mughal forces. Mughal forces consisted of 35,000 men, while there was just 1,000 light Maratha cavalry.
The itinerary for the trek is as given below:
Meeting Point: At Lonavala Rly Station Near Ticket Counter @ 8.00 am
We will be starting with the Indrayani Express (As per Below Time table). People can board the same train from their respective stations.
CST: 05:40 am
Dadar: 05:51 am
Thane: 06:14 am
Kalyan: 06:33 am
Lonavala: 07:58 am
PUNE People can Catch Pune Lonavala Local Train (As per Below Time table )
Pune Station: 06:27 Hrs
Shivaji Nagar : 06:33 Hrs
Lonavala Station: 07:50 Hrs
• After Reaching at Lonavala at 08:00 am have Tea & Breakfast,
• Move towards kurvande village by local transport.
• Round of Introduction and Proceed to Kurvande Ghat.
• Trek starts towards Amba River
• Reach Samarbhumi Umberkhind ( Lunch break)
• With knowing history of the place will move towards khopoli by local vehicle from Shenavi Village.
• We will be Reach Mumbai by 10.00 – 10.30 pm tentatively
The charges of the Trek are Rs. 370/- per head,
* Kohpoli to Mumbai Transportation
* Tea, Breakfast, Snacks, during the Trek,
* Guide and Expertise charges
* Travel from Mumbai to Lonavala
* Lunch for Sunday i.e.21st February,2016
* Personal orders of food & cold drinks etc. and any other personal Expenses
* Anything other than above mentioned inclusions
*** For More Details Contact our Team members at:
Pravin Ghude 9920404522, Rushikesh Sakhare 9967686828,
Email: - email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Things To be Carried Along with:
●Identity Card, ● A haversack to put in all the things to be carried so that one has one hands free while walking ● Some ready to eat food ● Polythene bag for your garbage ● Medicine those if u require usually, ● Comfortable shoes ● 2-3 bunch of News-papers ● Camera – Optional, ● Lunch for Sunday i.e.21st February, 2016 – Compulsory ● Water bottle 02 Liters-Compulsory ● Torch with Extra Batteries, ● Extra Pair of cloths,
Please do not carry sling bags or Jholas. & Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
General Rules / Instructions for the participants whoever join the Trek:-
• Kindly carry Identity proof for the trek.
• Anyone above 12 years can join the Trek. All children under 18 years old must also be accompanied by an adult / Parents
• Please book your seat (name) well in advance and reconfirm the time and date on the day of departure on phone because program may change due to unavoidable circumstances.
• Bookings for all treks shall close Three (3) days before the event date. For treks, where a private vehicle is booked bookings shall close four (4) days in advance. Bookings shall strictly be on first come first serve basis.
• Each participant shall carry things as per (Please read Things to Carry) for every trek.
• The leader’s decision will be final and all the members should abide by it. Trek leaders have the authority to alter/modify the program/route without intimation.
• The participants are advised not to wander off from the trail. Always listen to leaders for instructions and stay with the entire group throughout.
• We all are committed to keep the trail clean and urges all participants to help the cause by not littering during the trek. Keep all the waste with you and even if you find some waste, collect it and deposit at the base village at the end of the trek. Do not destroy or dirty the archeological, historical monuments.
• We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
• Any kind of addiction is strictly prohibited, ex. Smoking, drinking etc.
• Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
• Please read above Instructions/ rules and regulations. We all are bound by the same.
• Print and leave a copy of this mail specially Telephone Nos. at home, with a friend or relative in case of Emergency.
• People with heart conditions, knee problems, severe asthma or pregnant should not participate in TREKS. Participants should inform the leaders if they suffer from any illness, heart ailments, blood pressure, asthma etc. If the leaders are not informed and any untoward incident takes place, neither the leaders not Swachhand Team will be held responsible.
• Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any mishaps/accidents during the program. Or any compensation in whatsoever manner.
• If your friends/relatives coming with you on the trek please do inform them about the trek Rules above. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition, please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR, There will be ample of enjoyment but not at the cost of discipline.
Thanks and Regards,
Team Swachhand Bhramanti