SUMERU TREKKERS (The Adventure out there)
INVITES YOU FOR A ONE DAY Thrilling WINTER TREK TO Gorakhgadh FORT ON 21st Feb 2016
Gorakhgad is a fort that can be done easily in a day from Mumbai. Though not famous for any historical events, Gorakhgad attracts trekkers due to its inviting pinnacles, which offer good opportunities for rock-climbing. This region of Gorakhgad and Machhindragad has a dense forest cover.
Fort Gorakhgad is quite small in size. It was had strategic importance during the reign of Shahaji Raje. However, no major battle is recorded to have taken place here. It was used in Shivaji’s era to patrol the nearby region and was used as a stopover station during the journey to Junnar via Naneghat. Though small in size, there is enough availability water and a lot of space for accommodation. The fort gets its name from Saint Gorakhnath, who performed his “Sadhana” in this place.
Type : Hill Fort
Time : 2 TO 3 Hours from base village
Height : 2137 Ft.
Grade : Medium
Range : karjat
Date : 21-02-2016 (Sunday)
Participants : 50 Only,(First come first serve)
Cost 700/- per head
1) Kalyan to Kalyan in local transport
2) Morning Breakfast & Tea
3) Evening Tea/Coffee.
4) Forest Entry Fees
5) First aid and Expertise charges.
Trek Schedule :
Meeting point kalyan st stand 07:30am….
Catch the 6:04 am KALYAN slow local from CST
Haults at all stations
Itenary for Trek:
7.20 am : Report at Kalyan ST. stand near inquiry Counter
8:00 am: Reach murbad by ST from Kalyan
8.30 am: Transfer to Dehri village by private transport
9.15 am : After Breakfast Start ascending Gorakhgad
12:00 pm : Reach at caves and keep your bags in caves and start for pinnacle climbing which is the best part of this trek. Explore the top.
1:00 pm : Have lunch at the caves
01:30 pm: Start descending towards Dehri village
03:30 pm: After reaching Dehri start journey towards Kalyan station by transport.
Things To Be carry:
Lunch for the day.
Identity proof (must)
A bottle of water (at least 2 Ltrs) Compulsory
Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
Personal Care stuff, Medicine those if u require usually
A good trekking shoes,
Please buy your return tickets and board 2nd compartment from ahead (kalyan end). Missing train would mean missing the trek.
We would be returning to Mumbai by 18:00 hrs approx depending on rains.
Sumeru trekkers Rules :
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding. ***Participation confirmation only via confirmed bank transfer. ***
3. Sumeru Trekkers reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact send us a text message.
5. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
6. Payment made is nonrefundable and non-transferable.
7. Please do not carry handbags or Jolas or Sling bags. Morning breakfast for Sunday
For more details and Registration, Please contact on the nos. given below:
Tushar Kedar : 97736 78366 / 90295 87600
Vijay Vanker : 97734 83465 / 86919 02227
Web site : www.sumerutrekkers.com
Facebook Page : https://web.facebook.com/sumeru.trekkers
Facebook Group : https://web.facebook.com/groups/sumerutrekkers/
Email id : email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Bank Name: State Bank Of India
Name: Tushar Kedar
Account No : 33064879796
IFSC Code: SBIN0007212
(Once the payment is done, please message your UTR number and your name on above contact numbers).
2) Cash payment - Please feel free to call on above numbers and we will arrange for collection of cash.