SUMERU TREKKERS (The Adventure out there)
INVITES YOU FOR A FRIENDSHIP DAY SPECIAL TREK TO KARNALA FORT ON 07th August 2016
Karnala fort (also called Funnel Hill) is a hill fort in Raigad district about 10 km from Panvel city. Currently it is a protected place lying within the Karnala Bird Sanctuary.The sanctuary is quite small with an area of 4.27 square kilometres. It is home to over 150 species of resident and 37 species of migratory birds who visit the sanctuary during winter. Two rare birds i.e. Ashy Minivet and Malabar Trogon have been sighted here.
Karnala fort actually consists of two forts one at a higher level and other lower. At the centre of the higher level is a 125 feet high basalt pillar. It is also called Pandu’s tower. This structure was used as watchtower when the fort was occupied.
Type : Hill Fort
Time : 1 TO 2 Hours from base village
Height : 1440 Ft.
Grade : EASY
Range : RAIGAD
Date : 07-08-2016 (Sunday)
Participants : 50 Only,(First come first serve)
Cost 400/- per head
1) Panvel to Panvel in local transport
2) Morning Breakfast & Tea ,
3) Forest Entry Fees
4) First aid and Expertise charges
Trek Schedule :
Meeting point panvel station 07:30am….
Catch the 6:00 am cst-Panvel slow local.
Time table are as follows:-
6:00 am CST
6:18 am Vadala Road
6:28 am Kurla
6:39 am Mankhurd
6:47 am Vashi
6:56 am Nerul
7:02 am Belapur CBD
7:06 am Kharghar
7:17 am panvel
Itenary for Trek:
07:30 Gathering to Panvel station east near ticket counter
08:00 GETTING FRESH & Breakfast
09:00 Expected to reach Karnala base.
09:30 Introduction round & Instruction
09:45 Start trek to Karnala fort
11:00 Reach on Top, explore fort, photography, etc
12:00 Lunch BREAK
01:00 Descending fort
03:00 START RETURN JOURNEY TO MUMBAI
Things To Be carry:
Lunch for the day.
Identity proof (must)
A bottle of water (at least 2 Ltrs) Compulsory
Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
Personal Care stuff, Medicine those if u require usually
A good trekking shoes,
Please buy your return tickets and board 2nd compartment from ahead (Panvel end). Missing train would mean missing the trek.
We would be returning to Mumbai by 18:00 hrs approx depending on Trains.
Sumeru trekkers Rules :
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding. ***Participation confirmation only via confirmed bank transfer. ***
3. Sumeru Trekkers reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact send us a text message.
5. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
6. Payment made is nonrefundable and non-transferable.
7. Please do not carry handbags or Jolas or Sling bags.
For more details and Registration, Please contact on the nos. given below:
Tushar Kedar : 97736 78366 / 90295 87600
Vijay Vanker : 97734 83465 / 86919 02227
Web site : www.sumerutrekkers.com
Facebook Page : https://web.facebook.com/sumeru.trekkers
Facebook Group : @[905440879528747:https://web.facebook.com/groups/sumerutrekkers/]
Email id : email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Bank Name: State Bank Of India
Name: Tushar Kedar
Account No : 33064879796
IFSC Code: SBIN0007212
(Once the payment is done, please message your UTR number and your name on above contact numbers).
2) Cash payment - Please feel free to call on above numbers and we will arrange for collection of cash.