We @ Shikhar Vedh has arranged Lonavla to Bhimashankar (Lobhi) range trek on 1 - 2nd October 2016.
Hope to c u with us
Brief Introduction & Summary:
Distance to be covered: 70km approx.
Difficulty level: Medium
Endurance level: High - Previous trekking experience required.
Maximum participants: 25 only
Lonavala to Bhimashankar is known to be one of the ancient trek routes in the Sahyadri ranges. This old route shall put your endurance level to test. This a life changing experience, and worth every effort that you put in every stride. Hills and downhill, plateaus and long vast plateaus, dense forest of Karvi plants, ever-changing route, breath taking beauty. One of the most amazing trekking experiences we must say.
Itinerary of the trek is as follows:
Day 1 :: Friday 30th September 2016 :
Meet at Lonavala station by 23:00 Hrs
Here, enjoy the small introduction session. Start the trek from station.
One private vehicle will be arranged to carry your bags till Kondeshwar temple
For the first trail u just need to carry Water bottle, torch & some eatables
Day 2 :: Saturday 1st October 2016 :
Will reach @ Kondeshwar temple by 5 am
A 2 hours rest ... and after having packed breakfast start our trek towards beautiful Kusur plateau by 7:30 am. The huge plateau with awesome greenery and windy sometimes. We’ll reach Kusur village by lunch time. Have lunch at Kusur village.
Transport to Talapewadi village by private vehicle from Kusur.
Start trekking from Talape village approximately 3 hours trek to Padharwadi village via famous ‘Vandre Khind’ which is a rest of day village. This village is at core of Sahyadri. Overnight stay at Padharwadi.
Day 3 :: Sunday 2nd October 2016:
The final Day. Today we’ll reach out final destination to the Bhimashankar. We will start our trek early morning so that we can complete as early as possible. After breakfast, start trek from Padharwadi. After crossing huge plateau reach at final point at Bhimashankar. Trek conclude with lot of sense of achievement and off course happy memories.
From Bhimashankar move to Pune , Mumbai by public / private transport after Lunch
Meeting Point & time
Meet Friday 30 September 2016 at Lonavla Railway Station by 11:00 PM
Mumbai people can board 17411 - Mahalaxmi Express from CST by 20:20 hrs
& alight @ Loanavala station by 22:50 Hrs
Pune people can take 21:05 Hrs lonavala local & reach @ lonavala by 22:30 pm
Ø Group Size: Max.25
Ø Contribution: Rs. 1500/- per head
1. Transportation arrangements from Lonavala to Bhimashankar
2. All meals during the trek.
3. Accommodation at villager’s home
4. Guidance and Expertise Charges.
1. Medical aid other than first aid.
2. Anything else other than mentioned above.
One needs to transfer / NEFT Rs 1500/- per head (Non-Refundable) as Full advance at the time of booking.
Name: JAGADISH GOVIND PATIL
ICICI Bank A/c No.: - 026801521464
Vartak Nagar Branch, Thane (W)
IFSC Code :: ICIC0000268
Ø Things to carry:
1) Some ready to eat food, dry snacks, biscuits, cakes, etc.
2) Good quality shoes preferably ACTION trekking shoes, chappals during relax time.
3) Water bottle min 3 Ltrs.
4) Sleeping mat/bag, shawl, etc.
5) Personal medicines.
6) Extra pair of cloths.
7) A haversack to put in all the things to be carried
Ø Special Notes:
1) Registration through phone calls only with adv payment
2) Avoid wearing gold ornaments and valuables.
3) We all are going for an historic, adventurous and interesting trekking expedition, please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR, There will be ample of enjoyment but not at the cost of discipline.
4) Do’s & Don’ts will be explained during the introduction session. All are bound by the same.