We @ Shikhar Vedh has arranged Lonavala - Bhimashankar Trek on 13-15 August 2016
Hope 2 c u on Trek
Brief Introduction & Summary:
Distance to be covered: 70km approx.
Difficulty level: Medium
Endurance level: High - Previous trekking experience required.
Maximum participants: 15 only
Lonavala to Bhimashankar is known to be one of the ancient trek routes in the Sahyadri ranges. This old route shall put your endurance level to test. This a life changing experience, and worth every effort that you put in every stride. Hills and downhill, plateaus and long vast plateaus, dense forest of Karvi plants, ever-changing route, breath taking beauty. One of the most amazing trekking experiences we must say.
Meeting Point & time
Meet 13th August 2016 at Lonavla Railway Station by 08.00 AM
Mumbai participants can catch 22105 Mumbai Pune Indrayani Express and alight at Lonavla Railway Station.
Pune Participants can catch 06.30 AM Pune Lonavla local and meet at Lonavla railway station.
Group Size: Max.15
Itinerary of the trek is as follows:
Day 1, 13th August 2016, Saturday :
08:00 Hrs :: Meet at Lonavala station.
Small introduction session along with breakfast.
09:15 Hrs :: Start the trek from station
14:30 Hrs :: Reach Valwand village
Proceed towards our next halt that is Kondeshwar Temple
Stay in village nearby
Day 2, 14th August, Sunday:
Wake up early by natural alarm.
Breakfast time .
08:00 Hrs :: Trek towards beautiful Kusur plateau.
12:30 Hrs :: We’ll reach Kusur village
Transport to Talapewadi village.
Start trekking from Talape village
approximately 3 hours trek to Padharwadi village via famous ‘Vandre Khind’ which is a rest of day village. Overnight stay at Padharwadi.
Day 3, 15th August, Monday:
Today we’ll reach out final destination to the Bhimashankar.
07:00 Hrs :: Post Breakfast-Tea we will start trek from Padharwadi.
12:30 Hrs :: After crossing huge plateau reach at final point at Bhimashankar.
Move to Mumbai / Pune by Public Transport
Contribution: Rs. 1500/- per head
1. Transportation from Kusur to Talpewadi
2. All meals during the trek.
3. Accommodation at villager’s home
4. Guide and Expertise Charges.
1. Medical aid other than first aid.
2. Transport from Bhimashankar to Mumbai / Pune
3. Anything else other than mentioned above.
Things to carry:
1) Some ready to eat food, dry snacks, biscuits, cakes, etc.
2) Good quality shoes, chappals during relax time.
3) Water bottle min.2 Ltrs.
4) Sleeping mat/bag, shawl, etc.
5) Plate, spoon, bowl, cup, etc.
6) Extra pair of cloths.
7) Personal medicines (if reqd.).
8) A haversack to put in all the things to be carried.
1) Registration through phone calls only
2) Avoid wearing gold ornaments and valuables.
3) We all are going for an historic, adventurous and interesting trekking expedition, please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR, There will be ample of enjoyment but not at the cost of discipline.
4) Do’s & Don’ts will be explained during the introduction session. All are bound by the same.
Jagadish Patil : 9702121373
Dipak Kumkar : 9920206292
Ganesh Gajre : 7738374948
Website :: www.shikharvedh.org
FB page :: https://www.facebook.com/Shikhar-Vedh-361348804020117/