Trek to Siddhagad in Malshej/Murbad Reigon
Trek Date: June 26, 2016 (Sunday)
Place : Siddhagad Machi
Type: Hill Fort
Height: 3232 Feet above MSL (Approx)
Base Village: Narivali
Siddhagad is situated near Kalyan and is surrounded by Gorakhgad and Machchindragad. It consists of two parts, Siddhagad machi and balekilla. It is quite easy to get to Siddhagad machi but climbing the summit (balekilla) takes extreme caution while climbing rock patches and traversing exposed areas, not advisable in Monsson.
Siddhagad also played a vital role in the fight for freedom against the Britishers. It was a main hide out for freedom fighters. For this reason later Britishers (like on many other forts of the region) destroyed the route of the main fort. A memorial of Shri. Bhai Kotwal en-route pays tribute to one of the greatest freedom fighter.
Recently, Siddhagad wadi has been in news As "another Maling waiting to happen". The had been regular rockfall from the mountain above on the village and the farms on the plateau have developed huge cracks in grounds. A major relocation of the villagers has been almost completed.
The Details of our Trek are as follows:
Trek Date: June 26, 2016 (Sunday)
Meeting Point: June 25-26, 2016 (Saturday-Sunday) night in Kasara last local
Train time: Kindly purchase return ticket to Titwala and check the train timings for your station.
Mumbai CST at 00:14 - slow train, midnight
Thane : 01:08am
Kalyan : 01:41am
Contribution per person: Rs 400
1. Transport from Titwala-Base village-Titwala.
2. Food: Breakfasts, Lunch and evening tea
4. All food & beverages costs apart from the ones mentioned above.
5. Any personal expenditure (Toiletries, medicines etc.)
6. Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary / stay on account of roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
7. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head "Cost Includes".
Limit: 40 participants only. Bookings on 'First come, First serve' basis.
Kindly book your seats at the earliest
Visit our website www.sahyamitra.com for confirming your registation and details under trek details for Siddhagad
IMP Note: -
• Carry 2 liter water / bottle compulsory.
• Don't' carry valuable things.
• Trekking Shoes and Raincoat
• Self Medicine prescribed by your family doctor.
• Mosquito repellant cream compulsory.
A kind request: Do bring seeds of fruit/flowering trees along with you and disperse them along the trek route.
Few Do’s and Don’ts:
• Avoid littering and kindly ensure all city waste is carried back or disposed off appropriately.
• Do not destroy/ write on archeological or historical monuments.
• Smoking cigarette, chewing tobacco and consuming alcohol is strictly prohibited during the trek.
• A group is a cohesive unit only if it acts together, avoid acting on your own and coordinate with the leader and deputy.
• Member will be responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
• Please understand that treks are not a kind of picnics, so please don’t expect luxury and absolute comforts.
• Trek is relatively safe. Most of the accidents, if happened here, have been due to the foolhardiness of humans. While every care has been taken to ensure safety, Sahyamitra cannot be held responsible for any accident, illness, Loss of property and such other unforeseen eventualities.
• The Trek/Itinerary can be changed/modified/cancelled due to unavoidable circumstances without any prior notice.