To explore the yet unexplored places...To enjoy the thrill in uncertainty... we are pleased to announce upcoming trek Bhimachi Kathi Pinnacle to Pratapgadh
This trek route is very beautiful from Kudpan village to Pratapgad. Its approx. 5 hrs walks through dense forest with and scenic view of gigantic waterfall and many streams on enroute.
Bhimachi Kathi – The pinnacle height is 800 MSL approx.
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj had extended his kingdom on the banks of rivers Nira and Koyana. In order to safeguard this area of his kingdom, he felt needs to have a well-built fort. This fort is called Pratapgad. As per the records in the history, Pratapgad fort was built in the year 1657. Pratapgad is situated at 8 kilometres, west of Mahabaleshwar, in Jawali of North Satara district.
The historic battle between Chatrapati Shivaji and Afzal Khan, the commander of the Bijapur fought here. To restrain Shivaji Maharaj, Afzalkhan was deputed, but Shivaji Maharaj tactfully assassinated him. This incident is recorded in the history in great details. The tomb of Afzalkhan still exists there. It is built at leveled ground on the third stage of down slope amid trees.
Venue: - Bhimachi Kathi Pinnacle to Pratapgadh
Date & Day: - 15th July 2017, Saturday and 16th July 2017, Sunday
Category: Trek (2 day)
Height: 3000 ft above MSL approx.
Base Village: Kudpan
Cost** : Rs. 1700 /-.
Meeting Point: 14th July 2017, Friday (Spot will be intimated later)
Meeting Time: 11:00 PM
Please message your payment id to +919769765127 once the payment is made successfully or forward the confirmation email received from payumoney to email@example.com
**Confirmation on Full Payment only. Amount will be refunded on cancellation only if done 5 days prior to the trek.
Bookings on 'First come, First serve' basis.
1. Transportation from Mumbai and back.
2. Breakfast,Tea and snacks.
3. Trekking Expertise
3. All food & beverages costs apart from the ones mentioned above.
4. Any personal expenditure (Toiletries, medicines etc.)
5. Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary / stay on account of roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
6. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head "Cost Includes".
For more details on our upcoming Treks log on to www.sahyamitra.com
Things To Carry:-
A Water Bottle (~2.5 Liters), Next Day Lunch
Torch with spare batteries
Camera, Cell Phone, Binoculars (Optional)
Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, biscuits etc.
Extra pair of clothes,
Good trekking shoes,
Prescribe medicine for personal use.
Few Do’s and Don’ts:
• Avoid littering and kindly ensure all city waste is carried back or disposed off appropriately.
• Smoking cigarette, chewing tobacco and consuming alcohol is strictly prohibited during the event.
• A group is a cohesive unit only if it acts together, avoid acting on your own and coordinate with the leader and deputy.
• Member will be responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
• Please understand that treks are not a kind of picnics, so please don’t expect luxury and absolute comforts.
• Event is safe. Most of the accidents, if happened here, have been due to the foolhardiness of humans. While every care has been taken to ensure safety, Sahyamitra cannot be held responsible for any accident, illness, Loss of property and such other unforeseen eventualities.
• The Trek/Itinerary can be changed/modified/cancelled due to unavoidable circumstances without any prior notice.