We are Glad to announce our upcoming Trek to Chandragad and Mangalgad.
Height: Apprx. 4255 ft.
Base Village: Dhawale
The fort was constructed by Chandrarao More of Javli and it was named after him as ‘Chandragad’. It was taken over by ShivajiMaharaj in the 17th century. The fort was used mainly to keep close watch on the ‘Dhawalya Ghat’ route. 7-8 kms from Dhawale village is Umarathwhich is birth place of ShriTanajiMalusare also known as Simha (“lion”), a great worrier in the army of ShivajiMaharaj.
Height: 2457 ft
Base Village: Dudhanewadi
Mangalgad, also known as Kangori, is a fort in Maharashtra near the village of Dudhanewadi.Kangori, or Mangalgad Fort, is in the Mahad sub-division about eleven miles east by south from Mahad town. The fort is built on the top of a steep and treeless spur of the Sahyadris, 2457 feet high, and is reached by a narrow and rugged path about two miles long. The fort is 1485 feet from east to west and 264 from north to south.
Dates: February 13th (Saturday) and 14th (Sunday) 2016
Meeting Point: February 12th (Friday) Late Night. Parel ST Stand
(Change in meeting point if any will be intimated to the participants 24 hours prior to the trek)
Contribution per person: Rs 1400
1. Transport from Mumbai to Chandragad - Mangalgad and back to Mumbai.
2. Food: 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 2 Evening Snacks and 1 Dinner
3. Accomodation on 13th feb
4. All food & beverages costs apart from the ones mentioned above.
5. Any personal expenditure (Toiletries, medicines etc.)
6. Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary / stay on account of roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
7. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head "Cost Includes".
Limit: 20 participants only. Bookings on 'First come, First serve' basis.
Kindly book your seats at the earliest by paying Rs. 1400** in the below account (please mention trek name in comments section):