Ratangad Trek Details [2D/2N]
Trek : Ratangad
Height : 4255 ft.
Date : 28th 30th June 2013.
Region : Igatpuri
Cost App. : Rs 1000/-
Assembly : Kasara Rail Station
Duration : 2 Day/ 2Night
About Ratangad :
Ratan means Jewel in Hindi. This hill fort is indeed jewel in all the hill forts here in Sahyadri. It is located in the district of Ahmednagar and is located about 4255 feet above sea level. Geographically Ratangad is At The Bank of Bhandardara Lake of Ahmednagar district. With views of lake and highest mountains in Sahyadris looks very much lost in time.
At the base of this fort is ancient Lord Shiva (Amruteshwar) temple. About 1000 years old temple of Lord Shiva, the Amruteshwar Temple at Ratanwadi, is an absolute paragon of high class architecture of our ancestors.
Ratangad has still the remains of fortress with bastions And Stone Walls. Caves on the top is cut from the rock face and can easily accomodate 25 people at a time. Water Cistems are usually filled with water throughout the year and trekkers use them as water source. Eastern side of the fort has some fortification left; one can see Rani mahal here. From the southern side on can see Katrabai and Ajoba Fort very close. This side has also some fortification left, but most of it is damaged. Climbing up on the northern side, one can see natural orifice (hole in rock, locally called nedhe) in the rock face, mostly made by wind. Strong winds can be experienced at this orifice. Climbing down the nedhe to the western end of the fort leads closest to the Khutta Pinnacle via Tyimbak Darwaja.
List of Items To Be Carry
• Snugly fitting canvas shoes / Sports shoes
• Ruck sack / Shoulder bag which can hold following items
• Water Bottle (3 Liter Minimum) compulsory **
• Torch with spare set of batteries
• Note book, Pen, Sewing kit, shoes laces, Safety pins
• Personal medical kit (personal medicines if any, prescribed by family Dr.).
• Light weight towel.
• Spare Cotton Track pant & T- shirts 1no each.
• Sleeping Bag / Bed sheet & Carry mat.
• Plate, Glass, Mug/ cup, spoon.
• Candle, match box
• Rain coat / waterproof jacket / poncho / umbrella.
• All Items should be pack in plastic bag, to avoid getting wet due to rain.
• Carry one time meal for the trek. **
Itinerary For Ratangad Trek
Catch 22:50 Kasara slow local from Mumbai CST
Byculla 22:57 Dadar: 23.04 Kurla 23:12 Ghatkopar 23:17 Thane: 23:31 Dombivali: 23:54 Kalyan: 00. 03 Kasara: 01:18
0130Hrs : Assemble at Kasara Rail Station
0130 -0400Hrs : Travel Kasara to Shendi by St / jeep
0400 -0800Hrs : Rest, Freshen up, Tea & breakfast at Shendi.
0800 -0930Hrs : Travel Shendi to Ratanwadi. By Boat/Jeep
1000Hrs : Reach Ratanwadi, Start trek towards Ratangad
1300Hrs : Reach On Top Of Ratangad,
1300-1430Hrs : Lunch & Rest, Fort explores..
1630Hrs : Tea & Snacks.
1630-1900Hrs : Fort explores.
1900-2100Hrs : Dinner & Night stay in cave.
0700 - 0800Hrs: Wake up, Freshen up & Tea Bf
0830 Hrs : Start descending fort.
1130 -1300Hrs : Reach Ratanwadi Lunch in village.
1300 -1500Hrs : Travel Ratanwadi to Shendi,
1500 -1900Hrs : Reach Shendi & Back towards Kasara
1900Hrs : Disperse at Kasara Rail Station.
• Transportation from Kasara – Ratangad - Kasara by local Transport
o Day 1 -- Breakfast, Evening Tea, and Dinner,
o Day 2 – Breakfast, Lunch.
• Equipment, Expertise and Guide charges
For registration kindly transfer Rs.1000 per head in the given a/c
State Bank of India
Account No: 32248535175
In the Name of Mr. Rajesh Mhaddalkar
IFSC Code: SBIN0014771
After transaction please SMS us transaction id along with your details (name, mobile number & email.
• Please do not carry gold ornaments or any other valuables.
• Please do not carry handbags or zolas for the trek.
• Avoid Chapels / Slippers for trek
• For safety please follow the expert’s/ Instructors advice on trek.
For Confirmation Contact
Rajesh R. Mhaddalkar: 09869629288 / 9768341848
Prashant Vanahalli: 9870969694 / 9833072241