A 2 day trek event at Alang, Madang & Kulang, In short known as AMK is one of the most sought treks in Sahayadris which is a dream for the trekkers to do AMK once in their life time. The trail involves walking through the ridges, scaling through ladder, rappelling, rock climbing with the support of ropes. The trek that gives you adrenaline experience while climbing/ rappelling Madang as well as rappelling down Alang to reach Madang. There are many caves in this trek where trekkers usually prefer to stay along with water cisterns on Alang & Madang. Few of the famous mountain peaks like kalsubai, ratangad, ajoba etc. can be seen from the top of these forts.
Highlights of the event:
• Trail through the boulders, climbing with the support of rope, Walking on the steep edge at few patches, totally thrilling and high intense trek.
• Night stay in tents & campfire
• Rappelling at two spots.
• Star gazing.
• Sunrise from the Malang.
Difficulty Level: Hard, Highest Elevation: 4900 feet.
Please read the event instructions before signing up for the event!!
DAY 1 -
• 12:10 a.m. Slow train from Mumbai CST to Kasara ( If this train is missed then you are more likely to miss the event)
• Reach Samrad village in the morning hours via private vehicle from Kasara - 06:00 a.m.
• Fresh up & Breakfast at Samrad - 07:00 a.m.
• Reach the Starting point of the trek near Ghatghar dam by private vehicle from Samrad - 08:00 a.m.
• Trek to Alang (approx 5 hours)
• Lunch Break - 1 hour.
• Post lunch descend to Alang base towards Ambewadi, involves rappelling - 2 hours
• Ascend trek to Malang, involves rock climbing with the support of ropes - 2 hours
• Explore Malang
• Campfire near tents.
• Bed time in tents.
• Wake up call - 6am.
• Fresh up & breakfast - 1 hour.
• Photography session - 30 min.
• Descend trek to Madang base & Ascend towards Kulang - 4 hours.
• Explore Kulang
• Lunch Break
• Descend trek towards the base Kurungwadi village - 4 hours.
• Leave to Kasara railway station by private vehicle.
INR 2150 per head, Inclusive of transport from Kasara - base village- Kasara by private vehicle, Breakfast, Lunch, dinner on DAY1 & breakfast, lunch on DAY2, equipment's & technical expertise, miscellaneous.
If we incur extra expenses it will be shared accordingly
Online Payment link: http://imojo.in/amk
If using Paytm: send Money to 8080911557, Mention AMK in the Optional details.
What to Wear:
• Trekking shoes /outdoor boots/ sports shoes with good grip.
• Comfortable full length clothes (Do not wear shorts ).
What to Bring:
Carry a single rucksack with the following things:
• Minimum 3 liters of water.
• Fluids, fruits, dry fruits, ready to eat food, chocolates, snacks.(e.g. Electral powder, Glucon D, tepla etc.)
• Bedding that includes Sleeping bag or blanket (mandatory).
• Wind cheater/ Sweater.
• Cap/ Hat
• toiletry kit, tissue roll.
• Spare set of clothes & flipflops/ slippers.
• Camera to capture beautiful sceneries, Sun screen lotion(optional)
• Don't wear jewelry items and expensive accessories.
• Strictly no littering, carry extra bag for non biodegradable(plastic) wastage.
• Personal medicines if any.
• ID Proof is mandatory.
• optimistic mind and be a good team player :)
Instructions (Mandatory to read before RSVP to the event!!):
• Only people who have trekked to moderate level treks with ramblers or other groups or having good endurance/ fitness levels will be preferred to take part in this trek.
• Your participation will be confirmed after interaction with the organizer & payment registration.
• participants should bring an ID Card for their own safety.
• Organizer have a right to move the participant to No or Waiting list.
• Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule if you are not able to reach the pickup point on the said time.
• Below 18 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
• Participants will be notified in prior when itinerary is modified/ event get cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
• If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, organizer have rights to withdraw/ retreat.
• Do not play loud music or tease animals during trek.
• Avoid deodorant or perfume.
• Participants should pay for the expenses that's not mentioned in the expenses.
• Event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions so timings haven't mentioned except in the event start and end time.
• Alcohol consumption/ smoking tobacco/ weed is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption .
• Please do not litter any plastic (biscuit pack covers, candy wrappers etc.). We commit to keep our events clean.
• Separate tented accommodation for females.
• Tents may be shareable of 2/3/4/6 persons.
• Washroom facilities are inadequate during the course of the event.
• Participants should coordinate, disciplined and align together as a team during the event.
• Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow ramblers.
• Though we assure safety as a top priority, Event Organizers are not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
• If participant cancel their registration one day before the event or on the day of the event, a refund of 60% is paid.
• No refund will be provided for noshow.
Ramblers FB page: https://www.facebook.com/ramblersindia/
Ramblers IG handle: https://www.instagram.com/ramblersindia/