Your participation will be confirmed after interaction with the organizer & payment registration.
Trek to the very famous Harishchandragad from Walhivale village near Malshej ghat, this trail is through Naalichi Vaat where we need to trek through the dry river bed, walk on rocks, climb the rocks and climb up through steep slopes, Rope will be set at the first patch to provide a good support for climbing. Later the trail passes through steep edge which is the most thrilling part of the trek. After reaching the first plateau it will be very relaxing to see the green foliage with karvi flowers which will be faded soon.
After a short break we will be climbing up all the way to konkan kada, from here the campsite is 15 min away by walk.
The descend trek will Tolar Khind route to the Khireshwar village.
Harishchandragad has history way back from 6th Century. It got prominent caves, Concave shaped konkan kada, jungle and the highest peak called taramati at an elevation of 1429 meters. This place is one of the busiest weekend destination for trek lovers as well as featured in many travelogues, blogs. Google Harishchandragad to know it's significance which may intrigue you to take part in this event.
Note: This is an overnight journey by private vehicle from Dadar East ( Mumbai ). Do not get confused with the date & a.m./ p.m.
Highlights of the event:
1. Trail through the boulders, climbing with the support of rope, Walking on the edge at few patches, totally thrilling and high intense trek.
2.Night stay in tents & campfire
3. Delicious Maharashtra food prepared on firewood.
4. Star gazing.
5. natural mineral water.
6. Sunset from the Konkan kada.
Difficulty Level: Moderate, Elevation: 1124 m.
Please read the event instructions before signing up for the event!!
• Start from Dadar to Walhivale village by a private bus at 12:00 a.m. on 19th November (5 hours journey approx with 2 halts). See Event instructions for Bus pickup points.
• Reach Walhivale - 5:30 a.m.
• Fresh up and breakfast (1 hour ).
• Ascend trek to Harishchandragad via naalichi Waat from the base village (7 hours approx)
• Reach the top of Harishchandragad.
• Lunch break (1 hour).
• Explore Harishchandragad ( 90 minutes approx).
•Those interested may visit Taramati peak, the highest elevation of Harishchandragad else have take rest till evening call at 5:00 p.m..
• Visit Konkan kada to enjoy the sunset laid in the backdrop of beautiful landscapes. ( the main attraction of Harishchandragad) - 5:30 pm.
• Hangout at the campfire with stories, experiences and few fun games.
• Dinner break (1 hour) - 8:30 - 9:30 p.m.
• Bed time in tents.
• Wake up call - 6am
• Freshup & Breakfast at Harishchandragad - 1 hour
• Descend trek to Khireshwar village (3 hours approx)
• Reach Khireshwar & return journey to Mumbai (5 hours approx)
INR 1400 per head, Inclusive of transport from Mumbai - base village- Mumbai by private bus, Breakfast, miscellaneous charges, Lunch, dinner, tenting accommodation on DAY1 & breakfast on DAY2.
If we incur extra expenses it will be shared accordingly
Online Payment link: imojo.in/naalichi
If using Paytm: send Money to[masked], Mention harishchandragad in the Optional details.
What to Wear:
• Trekking shoes /outdoor boots/ sports shoes with good grip.
• Comfortable clothes (avoid jeans, casuals, trousers).
What to Bring:
Carry a single rucksack with the following things:
• Minimum 2 liters of water.
• Fluids, fruits, dry fruits, ready to eat food, chocolates, snacks.(e.g. Electral powder, Glucon D, tepla etc.)
• Bedding that includes Sleeping bag or blanket (mandatory).
• Wind cheater/ Sweater.
• Cap/ Hat
• toiletry kit, tissue roll.
• Spare set of clothes & flipflops/ slippers.
• Camera to capture beautiful sceneries, Sun screen lotion(optional)
• Don't wear jewelry items and expensive accessories.
• Strictly no littering, carry extra bag for non biodegradable(plastic) wastage.
• Personal medicines if any.
• ID Proof is mandatory.
• optimistic mind and be a good team player :)
Instructions (Mandatory to read before RSVP to the event!!):
• Bus pick up points: Hotel Pritam at Dadar, Teen Hath Naka chowk at Thane, Bhavani Chowk at Kalyan.
• participants should bring an ID Card for their own safety.
• Organizer have a right to move the participant to No or Waiting list.
• Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule if you are not able to reach the pickup point on the said time.
• Below 18 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
• Participants will be notified in prior when itinerary is modified/ event get cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
• If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, organizer have rights to withdraw/ retreat.
• Do not play loud music or tease animals during trek.
• Avoid deodorant or perfume.
• Participants should pay for the expenses that's not mentioned in the expenses.
• Event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions so timings haven't mentioned except in the event start and end time.
• Alcohol consumption/ smoking tobacco/ weed is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption .
• Please do not litter any plastic (biscuit pack covers, candy wrappers etc.). We commit to keep our events clean.
• Separate tented accommodation for females.
• Tents may be shareable of 2/3/4/6 persons.
• Washroom facilities are inadequate during the course of the event.
• Participants should coordinate, disciplined and align together as a team during the event.
• Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow ramblers.
• Though we assure safety as a top priority, Event Organizers are not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
• If participant cancel their registration one day before the event or on the day of the event, a refund of 60% is paid.
• No refund will be provided if participant miss the bus.
Ramblers FB page: https://www.facebook.com/ramblersindia/
Ramblers IG handle: https://www.instagram.com/ramblersindia/