Ramblers in association with Kaasav mitra mandal (turtle friends) brings you to witness Olive Ridley turtles hatchlings making their way into sea which is one of the most beautiful emotional experience.
The Kaasav Mitra mandal protects the eggs and patrol the shores nearby to collect the eggs deposited by turtles and store them safe in a net from predators. After incubation of 45 - 55 days they are left in the morning/ evening hours into the sea.
SNM started the turtle conservation project in coastal Maharashtra and Velas is one the villages in ratnagiri where nests are protected in an enclosure. So far SNM has protected more than 800 nests and successfully released more than 35,000 hatchlings.
• Emotional experience watching hatchlings making their way into the water.
• Delicious Konkan cuisine for lunch.
• Views of the sea shore from Bankfot fort.
• Know about turtles from Kaasav mitra mandal.
• Start from Dadar at 11:00 p.m. by a private bus with pickup points at Chembur, Vashi, Panvel to Velas (220 k.m.)
• Event briefing on the way.
• Reach Velas village - 05:30 a.m.
• Fresh up - 30 minutes.
• Reach Velas nesting area - 06:15 a.m.
• Short brief by SNM/ Kaasav mitra mandal about the nesting area and hatching process.
• Witness turtles hatchlings making their way into the sea.
• Walk on the sea shore and climb the small peak near the shore. Enjoy the views of sea, A nice place for photographers to captures birds, landscapes etc.
• Return to Velas Village - 9:00 a.m.
• Breakfast - 9:30 - 10:00 a.m.
• Visit Bankot fort for photography - 10:00 - 11:30 a.m.
• Rest at Velas village
• Lunch at Velas village - 12:30 - 1:30 p.m.
• Leave to Harihareshwar by bus - 1:30 p.m.(1 - 2 hours journey depending on the ferry crossing).
• Take thrilling pradikshana route and walk along the sea shore towards the Harihareshwar beach
• Return journey at 4:30 p.m. from Harihareshwar to Mumbai (6 hours approx with 1 short break)
INR 1100 per head, Inclusive of private vehicle journey from Mumbai - Velas - Harihareshwar - Mumbai, breakfast, Konkan Veg lunch & miscellaneous charges).
Exclusions: any other expense not mentioned above.
If we incur extra expense, it will be shared accordingly.
Online Payment link: http://imojo.in/velas1
No offline or spot cash payment!
Digital Wallets (Chillr, Freecharge, Mobikwik,Paytm & Paytonic) : Send Money to 8080911557, Mention Ghangad in the Optional details.
What to Wear:
• Footwear - Sandals/ Flipflops
• comfortable clothes, shorts (avoid jeans, casuals, trousers).
What to Bring:
Carry a single rucksack with the following things:
• Minimum 1 liter of water.
• Fluids, fruits, dry fruits, ready to eat food, chocolates, snacks.(e.g. Electral powder, Glucon D, tepla, fruits, etc.)
• Wind cheater/ Sweater.
• Cap/ Hat
• torch, sun screen lotion (optional)
• toiletry kit, tissue roll.
• Spare set of clothes.
• Camera to capture beautiful sceneries.
• Don't wear jewelry items and expensive accessories.
• Strictly no littering, carry extra bag for non biodegradable(plastic) wastage.
• Personal medicines if any.
• ID Proof is mandatory.
• optimistic mind and be a good team player :)
Instructions (Mandatory to read before RSVP to the event!!):
• Bus pick up points: Hotel Pritam at Dadar on the way at Chembur, Vashi, Panvel ( 6 hours journey approx)
• participants should bring an ID Card for their own safety.
• Organizer have a right to move the participant to No or Waiting list.
• Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule if you are not able to reach the pickup point on the said time.
• Below 18 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
• Participants will be notified in prior when itinerary is modified/ event get cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
• If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, organizer have rights to withdraw/ retreat.
• Do not blame the organizer if no hatchlings have been seen as its based on the incubation period of 40 - 50 days based on the temperature.
• Do not use flash photography on turtles hatchlings.
• Participants should pay for the expenses that's not mentioned in the expenses.
• Event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions so timings haven't mentioned except in the event start and end time.
• Alcohol consumption/ smoking tobacco/ weed is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption .
• Please do not litter any plastic (biscuit pack covers, candy wrappers etc.). We commit to keep our events clean.
• Washroom facility is available for ladies at Velas village.
• Participants should coordinate, disciplined and align together as a team during the event.
• Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow ramblers.
• Though we assure safety as a top priority, Event Organizers are not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
• If participant cancel their registration one day before the event or on the day of the event, a refund of 50% is paid.
• No refund will be provided if participant miss the bus.
Ramblers FB page: https://www.facebook.com/ramblersindia/
Ramblers IG handle: https://www.instagram.com/ramblersindia/