High endurance trek to Dhak caves in Karjat region, Dhak Bahiri is a religious cave on the mountain rock. This involves climbing with the help of rope and a ladder made of bamboo has been installed which is used by the villagers as well as trekkers. Should be very vigilant while climbing the patch to reach the caves so trekkers who don't have fear of heights or acrophobia are most welcome to take part in this trek. This trail passes through dense forest, most of the trails are slippery with loose scree and gravel.
Shrivardhan and Manaranjan twin forts of Rajmachi are visible from the caves. So experience climbing the rocks on the steep edges for adrenaline rush.
Difficulty Level: Hard, Highest Elevation: 2700 feet, Distance: 13 km approx
Please read the event instructions before signing up for the event!!
• Assemble at Karjat Railway Station - 8.45 a.m.
• Breakfast at Karjat - 30 minutes
• Karjat to base village by private hired vehicle - 30 minutes.
• Event briefing and introduction - 15 minutes.
Trek to Dhak Bahiuri from the base village - 3 hours approx
• Reach the caves, lunch Break & Photography session - 45 minutes.
• Descend towards the base village - 2 hours approx.
• Reach Karjat from the base village by hired vehicle - 5.00 p.m.
INR 400 per head inclusive of breakfast at Karjat, travel by private hired vehicle from Karjat - base village - Karjat & miscellaneous.
If we incur extra expenses it will be shared accordingly
Online Payment - http://imojo.in/dhak
Paytm, Paytonic, Mobikwik, Chillr: send Money to 8080911557, Mention your contact number in the Optional details.
What to Wear:
• Trekking shoes or outdoor boots with good grip.
• Full sleeve top and full length bottom (avoid wearing shorts)
What to Bring:
Carry a single rucksack with the following things:
• Packed lunch
• Minimum 3 liters of water.
• Fluids, fruits, dry fruits, ready to eat food, chocolates, snacks.(e.g. Electral powder, Glucon D, tepla etc.)
• Cap/ Hat
• Camera to capture beautiful sceneries, Sun screen lotion(optional)
• Don't wear jewelry items and expensive accessories.
• Strictly no littering, carry extra bag for non biodegradable(plastic) wastage.
• Personal medicines if any.
• ID Proof is mandatory.
• optimistic mind and be a good team player :)
How to reach:
From Central ZONE take 6:50 AM Fast train to Karjat, disembark at Karjat Station
Check M-Indicator/ridlr precise timings and make sure you reach Neral station by 8:00 am with a buffer time of 15 minutes
Instructions (Mandatory to read before RSVP to the event!!):
• participants should bring an ID Card for their own safety.
• Organizer have a right to move the participant to No or Waiting list.
• Do not cause any sort of inconvenience for the fellow participants.
• Participants are requested not to hamper the schedule and delay the event.
• Below 18 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
• Participants will be notified in prior when itinerary is modified/ event get cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
• If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, organizer have rights to withdraw/ retreat.
• Do not play loud music during trails.
• Avoid deodorant or perfume.
• Participants should pay for the expenses that's not mentioned in the inclusions.
• Event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions.
• Alcohol consumption/ smoking tobacco/ weed is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption.
• Please do not litter plastic (biscuit pack covers, candy wrappers etc.). We commit to keep our events clean.
• Washroom facility is not available at the base village.
• Participants should coordinate, disciplined and align together as a team during the event.
• Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow ramblers.
• Though we assure safety as a top priority, Event Organizers are not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
• If participant cancel their registration before the event begins or one day before the event, a refund of 60% is paid.
• No refund will be provided if participant leaves in between or willing to go to matheran.
Ramblers FB page: https://www.facebook.com/ramblersindia/
Ramblers IG handle: https://www.instagram.com/ramblersindia/