There is no need of introduction about Raigad fort. Every avid trekker in Maharashtra wish to visit this fort. Fort Raigad is a sacred place which has left an imprint of the grand vision of Swarajya as cherished by Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.
Raigad fort is near Mahad, Raigad district of Maharashtra. Fort Raigad was the capital of the most illustrious Maratha sovereign, nurtured by Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. Shivaji Maharaj made the fort his capital in 1674 when he was crowned King of Maratha Kingdom. Maratha empire expanded later on covering majority of India. It is a monument of his prophetic vision of Swarajya. Stories of incredible valor and heroic deeds are etched on every pebble at Raigad. The Britisher's called it "Gibralter of the East'' as the well-fortified structure atop a hill that had repeatedly defied attackers. The fort, which rises 820 meters (2,700 ft) above sea level, is located in the Sahyadri mountain range.
There are approximately 1400–1450 steps leading to the fort. The fort was looted and destroyed by the British upon siege. You will get goosebumps and feel proud while listening to the awesome history that King Shivaji Maharaj and Maratha warriors have created. Visiting in monsoon makes the trek more memorable. Let us salute the king on top of the fort who made trekking a popular activity in Maharashtra!
Highest Elevation: 2700 feet, Grade: Easy.
• Famous fort of Maratha empire.
• Start from Dadar at 11:00 p.m. by a private bus with pickup points at Chembur, Vashi, Panvel.
• Reach Pachad village by early morning hours.
• Fresh up & breakfast at base village - 30 minutes.
• Ascend trek to Raigad fort- 7:00 a.m. (2 hours approx)
• Explore the main points of the king of forts (2 to 3 hours approx)
• Lunch break 1:00 p.m. (1 hour), vegetarian.
• Start return journey from base village to Mumbai - 2: 00 p.m. (5 hours approx)
• Bid adieu to the event and share the captures, memories later through Whatsapp group.
Online Payment link: http://imojo.in/maharaj
INR 950 per head, Inclusive of transport from Mumbai - base village - Mumbai by private bus, Breakfast, lunch, miscellaneous.
If we incur extra expenses it will be shared accordingly
What to Wear:
• Trekking shoes /outdoor boots/ sports shoes/ sandals with good grip.
• Comfortable clothes (avoid jeans, casuals, trousers).
What to Bring:
Carry a single rucksack with the following things:
• Minimum 2 liters of water.
• Raincoat (mandatory).
• A small plastic bag for keeping mobile, wallet and camera.
• toiletry kit.
• Spare set of clothes.
• Camera to capture beautiful sceneries.
• Don't wear jewelry items and expensive accessories.
• Strictly no littering, carry extra bag for non biodegradable(plastic) wastage.
• Personal medicines if any.
• ID Proof is mandatory.
• optimistic mind and be a good team player :)
Instructions (Mandatory to read before RSVP to the event!!):
• participants should bring an ID Card for their own safety.
• After online payment participant will need to fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form with accurate details else will be asked to refill by the event host.
• Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule if you are not able to reach the pickup point on the said time.
• Below 18 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
• Participants will be notified in prior when itinerary is modified/ event get cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
• If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, organizer have rights to withdraw/ retreat.
• Participants should pay for the expenses that's not mentioned in the expenses.
• Event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions so timings haven't mentioned except in the event start and end time.
• Alcohol consumption/ smoking tobacco/ weed is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption .
• Please do not litter any plastic (biscuit pack covers, candy wrappers etc.). We commit to keep our events clean.
• Washroom facility is available at base village as well as the fort.
• Participants should coordinate, disciplined and align together as a team during the event.
• Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow ramblers.
• Though we assure safety as a top priority, Event Organizers are not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
• We rely on third party payment gateways to make the registration process simple and feasible, It also includes the convenience fee along with the main event fee which will be shown at check out that should be borne by the participant.
• No group discount is applicable.
• If participant cancel their registration one day before the event or on the day of the event, a refund of 40% is paid.
• No refund will be provided if participant doesn't show up on the day of the event.
Ramblers FB page: https://www.facebook.com/ramblersindia/
Ramblers IG handle: https://www.instagram.com/ramblersindia/