Garbett point trek is one of the most beautiful treks in Matheran, The trek starts from Dhom Lake followed by waterfall and passing through rivulets. We start out trek from Bhivpuri road station & finishing it off at Matheran Taxi Stand.
Difficulty Level: Moderate, Total Distance: 12 k.m. approx
• Reporting time at Bhivpuri Road railway station 09:45 AM (Take 07:53 AM CST - Khopoli local train)
• Freshup & Breakfast 1 - hour
• Event briefing and introduction.
• Ascend to the Garbett point summit (approx 4 hours).
• Enjoy the clouds passing through by on the top
• Descend to Matheran Car Parking
• Snacks at Dasturi Naka or Garbett Point
• Reach Neral railway station by shared Taxi cabs.
INR 400 per head, Inclusive of breakfast, evening snacks, transport from Matheran - Neral, Bhivpuri to Dhom lake & miscellaneous charges.
If we incur extra expenses it will be shared accordingly
How to Register:
Step -1: Go through the following online payment link: http://imojo.in/garbett
Step-2: After payment you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory disclaimer form online.
Step -3: Now your participation is confirmed & Organizer will create WhatsApp group on the day of the event for coordination, We will coordinate through SMS/ Call if participant is not available in WhatsApp.
What to Wear:
• Trekking shoes/ Sports Sandals/outdoor boots/ sports shoes with good grip.
• Comfortable clothes (avoid tights, casuals, trousers).
What to Bring:
Carry a single rucksack with the following things:
• Minimum 3 liters of water.
• Fluids, fruits, dry fruits, ready to eat food, chocolates, snacks.(e.g. Electral powder, Glucon D, tepla etc.)
• Raincoat or Poncho
• Cap/ Hat
• toiletry kit
• Spare set of clothes & flipflops/ slippers
• Don't wear jewelry items or expensive accessories
• Strictly no littering, carry extra bag for non biodegradable (plastic) wastage
• Personal medicines if any
• ID Proof is mandatory
• optimistic mind and be a good team player
Instructions (Mandatory to read before RSVP to the event!!):
• Shared cab journey is from Matheran car parking to Neral Railway station.
• participants should bring an ID Card for their own safety.
• Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule if you are not able to reach the pickup point on the said time.
• Below 16 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
• Participants will be notified in prior when itinerary is modified/ event get cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
• If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, organizer have rights to withdraw/ retreat.
• Do not play loud music or tease animals during trek.
• Avoid deodorant or perfume.
• Participants should pay for the expenses that's not mentioned in the expenses.
• Event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions so timings haven't mentioned except in the event start and end time.
• Alcohol consumption/ smoking tobacco/ weed is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption .
• Please do not litter any plastic (biscuit pack covers, candy wrappers etc.). We commit to keep our events clean.
• Washroom facilities are inadequate during the course of the event.
• Participants should coordinate, disciplined and align together as a team during the event.
• Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow ramblers.
• Though we assure safety as a top priority, Event Organizers are not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
• No group discount/ concession if bringing own tent.
• A refund of 40% is paid if participant cancel their registration one day before the event or on the day of the event.
• No refund for no show.
Ramblers FB page: https://www.facebook.com/ramblersindia/
Ramblers IG handle: https://www.instagram.com/ramblersindia/