Raigad Adventure Club arrange Tikona fort trek on 2nd & 3rd July 2016
Little info about the fort: -
Type: - Hill Fort
Height: - 3500 ft Feet above MSL (Approx)
Grade: - Easy
Region: - Lonavala.
Base Village: - Tikona peth
Tikona Fort, also renowned as Vitandgad fort, is a major hill fort in Maval region near the Lonavala. Tikona fort, literally means triangle fort, had witnessed many dynasties ruled in the Maratha region. This was the nerve center of the many activities of entire Malwa Pawna regions. The small hamlet close to the fort is Tikona peth. The fort’s mammoth entrance is a special attraction.
The Tikona fort is a great trekking destination for the adventurous tourists.
One can get the eye catching views of the Pawna Dam and the forts at Visaput, Tung and Lohagarh. The fort encloses a lake, Satvahan caves and the temple of ‘Trimbakeshwar Mahadev’.
The fort was built during the Silhara dynasty. There is a temple on top of the peak. The view of the Pawna dam, Kathingad and valleys from the top is breathtaking.
Full itinerary: -
02nd July, Saturday: -
· Mumbai peoples can catch “12163 Chennai Express” from Dadar @08:30 am or “17411 Mahalaxmi express” from CST @08:23 pm.
· Pune peoples travel by local trains or bus as per your choice.
11:00 PM Meeting point @ Lonavala railway station.
11:15 PM Move towards base village “Tikonapeth”.
12:15 AM Reach base village and rest in Temple or vehicle itself.
03rd July, Sunday: -
06:00 AM Wakeup, Tea & Breakfast, refreshment.
07:00 AM Start trek to Tikona fort.
08:00 AM Reach top, explore and photography.
10:00 AM Start descending fort
11:00 AM Pack a bag and ready to move.
12:00 PM Lunch (Pure vegetarian, Maharashtrian Thali only)
01:00 PM Move towards Lonavala station.
02:00 PM Reach Lonavala station and Catch a train to Mumbai or pune respectively.
Fees: - 800/-
You need to deposit advance 500/- to book your seat.
If you not book in advance, your seat is not confirm.
100/- extra charges for on the spot payment option.
1. Travelling from Lonavala station to Lonavala return.
2. Morning breakfast & tea.
3. Veg. Lunch.
4. Any Local charges.
5. RAC Administrative charges.
1. Train tickets to and from Lonavala.
2. Water bottles, Chocolates, energy drinks.
3. Any personal expenses.
4. Any other expenses not mentioned in “Includes”.
Things to be carry:-
1. At least 2 litter of drinking water.
2. Windcheater, jacket.
3. Sleeping bag/bed sheet/mat.
4. ID card For Life Members.
5. Good trekking or sport shoes.
6. Some ready to eat food (palm cakes, biscuits).
7. Cap, camera, mobiles phones, shocks, extra pairs of cloths. (if required)
8. Electrol, enerzol or any energy drinks.
9. Any personal medicine.
Roshan: - 9860625491 (If call not reachable, please put a massege)
Suhas: - 7276871749 (whatsaap only).
Email-id: - firstname.lastname@example.org
Before call please note:-
Read the event itinerary at least once.
Expected batch size is minimum 10. We don’t provide current bookings information till the bookings are closed.
All our treks are gender friendly and we had 30-40% female participants in all of our earlier event.
Beginners are also able to do this trek.
First come first serve basis of booking.
Send your money in following account
Name: - Roshan Nainani
Bank name: - Bank of Maharashtra, Pune university Campus.
A/c. no. 60032422350
A/C type: - Saving bank.
IFSC code: - MAHB0001355