RAC - trek into the Jewel fort of Sahyadris “Ratangad” on 7th August 2016 (Leaving Sat. Night)
Raigad Adventure Club (RAC) invites you for a trek into the Jewel fort of Sahyadris “Ratangad” Fort Trek. Monsoon is the best season to visit Ratangad. The mountain has soaked in greenery which gives an incredible sight to witness.
At the beginning of the trek, we approach the fort by walking on flat ground and cross flowing rivers. The trek then enters into thick forest canopy which will be lush green in monsoon. One hour into the thick forest will lead us to a series of 5 firmly fitted steel ladders. This is the most exciting part of the trek. We then approach the beautiful caves. From the caves, the trail towards the top is through knee deep grass. On the top of the fort, there is a giant hole called ‘needle’ in the mountain caused by wind erosion. The view from the top is mesmerising. The Sahyadris giants AMK, Ajobagad, Kalsubai surround Ratangad.
Detail Itinerary: -
6th August, Saturday
· Catch 12:14 am CST-Kasara slow local (Dadar-12:32, Kurla 12:42, Thane- 01:08, Kalyan 01:41)
· 02:55 am – Reach Kasara. This is the final meeting point, Move towards Ratanwadi.
7th August, Sunday
· 05:00 am - Reach Ratanwadi visit Amruteshwar temple.
· 06:00 am - Have breakfast and tea.
· 07:00 am - Start the trek.
· 10:30 am - Reach the top, explore the fort, click pictures and enjoy the beautiful view
· 11:30 am - Start the descend, Have lunch in route (Carry packed Lunch)
· 03:00 pm - Reach the base village & Start jeep ride towards Kasara.
· 05:50 pm - Reach Kasara and depart for home.
The fees of the trek will be rs. 700/- to be Paid in advance to book your seat.
Things to be carried: -
Mobile no. 7276871749 (if call not answered please put an msg).
Email-id: - firstname.lastname@example.org
-- Send your money in following account --
Name: - Suhas Patil
Bank name: - IDBI bank, Mohopada branch
A/c. no. 0784104000033673 (savings)
Before call please note:-