Rafting on Ganga, Rishikesh
14 to 24 yrs
11 - 18 June 2017.
Heart throbbing rapids, water swirling around your raft, the fight to keep surging forward, a 16 km stretch and a cliff jump; in short a complete adrenaline drive. With a campsite beyond Rishikesh, on the banks of the Ganga, start your day with good healthy exercises on the river bank and later power down with your first rafting training session. Once you’ve learnt safety features for the equipment, you’re ready for a long stretch of white water rafting. Later, take a break and go for a trek; there are plenty of cliffs for rappelling. On the final day brace yourself for not just a stretch of rafting but cliff jump and some body surfing. Come and join one of the most popular camps with Pugmarks.
The main aim of this programme is to develop a spirit of adventure amongst students.
The Rafting site is ideal for various fun activities like Treasure hunt on the banks of the Ganges that the instructors hold and there is scope for many adventurous escapades like rappelling and trekking. Apart from all the adventure, this campsite is a paradise for birdwatchers.
Rishikesh offers rafting for beginners as well as experienced rafters. The grade 2 and 3 rapids on the Marine drive to Shivpuri stretch of 11 kms make it popular with rapids named cash flow, three blind mice etc. The other popular rafting stretch is the Shivpuri to Rishikesh 16 kms rafting run. This rafting stretch however has higher grade rapids like the roller coaster & golf course. There is also the exciting cliff jumping where the campers jump off a 30’ high rock into the river Ganges.
Rishikesh is situated in the Tehri-Garhwal region of Uttaranchal. The holy city lies on the bank of river Ganga. The region is surrounded by the Himalayas and falls under the climatic conditions of the western part of the Himalayas. The day remains pleasant and sunny with comparatively cold evenings. The winters are very cold and the summer season is mild and moderate followed by a good rainfall in monsoon.
Distance from Rishikesh to Delhi is 222 Kilometers
Brief itinerary flow:
The first two days at the Campsite are spent doing rafting on 16 kms stretch on each day. After rafting, the participants also participate in adventure activities like rappelling and trekking. They also play games on the beautiful riverside campsite. The most exciting activity is the cliff jump, where the participants jump into the Ganges river from a height of 30 feet. Jai Ganga Maiyya…
The Aarti on the banks of the Ganges at Rishikesh is a life time experience.
On the third day, the participants go on a consolidated 28 kms long stretch of rafting. At the end of the rafting camp, the participants are no more scared of the water – but they have learnt to respect the power of the river.
For further information and booking, contact Pugmarks
|Day 1 Sun
||Pune campers: To report at Congress Bhavan at 0630 hrs. Reach Bandra Terminus at 1130 hrs by Bus.
Mumbai campers: To report at 1130 hrs at Bandra Terminus. All campers will depart by (12216) DEE Garibrath at 1245 hrs.
||Arrive Delhi Rohilla Station at 1215 hrs. Transfer to New Delhi Junction to board (12055) DDN JANSHATABDI at 1520 hrs. Reach Haridwar at 1930 hrs. Transfer to campsite.
||After orientation and safety drill, experience the first thrill of rafting. Marine Drive to Shivpuri
(12 km). Beach games in the evening.
||Warm up session early in the morning. Rafting Shivpuri to Munni ki Reti (16 km), Cliff Jump and Body Surfing. Beach volleyball and games in the evening
||After Breakfast proceed to Rishikesh to get thrilling Bungee jump and Flying fox experience (Optional). Lunch at Bungee Campsite. In the evening experience awesome Ganga Aarti. Dinner at Rishikesh.
||Exciting final lap of 28km of rafting. After Lunch Depart for Haridwar to board (12172 ) HW LTT AC SF at 1845 hrs.
|Day 7 Sat
||Arrive LTT ( Kurla Terminus ) by 2345 hrs. Depart for Pune by bus.
|Day 8 Sun
||Arrive Congress Bhavan at 0430 hrs.
- Campers must carry original photo id card. (School photo id, Adhar Card, Voter Id, Driving License)
- Add Pugmarks WhatsApp number 9819983870 to your phone contacts list to obtain updates
- To avail Apex Rail Fare, book 122 days before departure
|Camp Fees Ex-Pune/Mumbai
Apex Rail Full Rail
|Group of 6 discount
|11 - 18 June
Both ways AC
Both ways AC
For Booking click on the link :http://pugmarks123.com/pugsoft/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=1
Or Call Pugmarks : 022 -24445938 / 8879366191 / 192
|The cost includes –
- Mumbai – Delhi- Haridwar AC train both ways
- All road transfers by Non A/c vehicles.
- Vegetarian food served at the campsite.
- Clean and comfortable Safari tents
- Rafting equipment and services of Professional instructors.
|The cost does not include –
- Meals during travel Pune / Mumbai -Haridwar-Pune / Mumbai and meals at Jumpin Heights
- Personal expenses such as telephones, drinks, mineral water, laundry, porter charges etc
- Insurance of any kind
- Medical, hospitalization, evacuation and related expenses
- Any item not covered under the head ‘cost includes’.
- For full payment discount, pay by cheque/credit card (no cash pl) 30 days prior to camp departure.
- Balance amount is payable 30 days prior to camp departure.
- Monitor the progress of the camp at “Camps in progress” on the website
- Please check the website for Pre camp schedule and venue
- Please refer Important Notes regarding Air travel, discounts, payment terms, cancellation etc.
- Itinerary is subject to change without notice.
- One haversack and one small shoulder bag (NO TROLLEY BAG OR SUITACSE)
- Comfortable clothes for the no. of days (track Pants, t-shirts, tops etc) (Avoid Jeans)
- Suitable nightwear, shorts, 3/4 s, one shawl/ chaddar,
- Undergarments, towel, napkin/ handkerchief, ladies sanitary sets
- floaters/ crocs, slippers , Sun cap/ hat
- Water bottle, Personal kit containing toilet accessories, sun screen, cold cream, odomos, sanitizer
- Torch with fresh batteries
- Sun glasses, camera, binoculars, (optional at your own risk)
- Personal medicine, if any, with a note explaining doses, time, quantity etc. with the name of the child, No need to send any extra medicine
- Pen, a small diary, a story book
- Around 1500/- for meals during travel and for shopping,
- Declaration required for students under 18 yrs for Jumpin heights around 6000/- for Bungee, flying Fox, giant swing etc, signed consent form by parents in case of age less than 18 yrs .
- Please don’t send Mobile phone, music player etc. with the child.
- original photo ID or to pay penalty of Rs 2500 as railway fine
- chain and lock for all train camps
- Snorkel recommended for Andamans/ Lakshadweep.
|| 8 Days
|| Vegetarian food
|| AC train both ways / All road transfers by Non A/c vehicles.
|| AC train
|| Rafting, Cliff Jump, Body Surfing, Bungee jump and Flying fox (Optional)
|| Adventure Activate