Pawankhind Wildlife & Adventure
10 to 14 yrs
16 to 19 April 2017
Pawankhind holds historic importance since the era of Shivaji Maharaj’s reign and today it has so much more to offer in terms of wilderness and adventure. Pugmarks invites you to experience the perfect blend of nature and adventure at Pawankhind.
Walking in jungle with trees and birds surrounding you provides with joy like no other. We are taking you on nature trails in Amba ghat to introduce you to the true essence of nature. We spend an entire day on walking trails through dense forests and visiting waghzara, an Echo point and Konkan point with a view of the Sahyadris that will take your breath away! If you are familiar with the historic importance of Pawankhind, you’ll develop a new liking for it when we visit the point of strategic importance in the times if Shivaji Maharaj. What’s more, today you lunch not back at the campsite, but in the forest itself!
If you want to explore you adventurous side, we have arranged for that as well. You get a chance to participate in activities like Burma Bridge, Net walk, Spider walk, archery, rifle shooting and much more back at the campsite. We will also enjoy numerous team games and activities like treasure hunt etc. We’ve reserved the evenings for you to demonstrate your creative side with drama competition, camp fire and songs.
The camp is the perfect combination of wildlife, adventure and recreational creativity. Come join us on this triangular camp at Pawankhind!
At Pawankhind, we aim to explore the best of three sides of camping, wildlife, adventure and creativity. The activities are planned in such a way that we enjoy the best of all three worlds.
Possible action: At Pawankhind, the campers will get to go on nature trails and visit places of historic importance. Adventure activities like Burma Bridge, Commando net, archery, rifle shooting etc. will also take place.
Brief itinerary flow: The first day is reserved for a safari and a visit to the Manoli dam. Introduction to signs of nature and exploration will be conducted on the first day. The next day will be engaged in nature trails, visit to the Echo point, Konkan point and Pawankhind. Lunch in the forest. Adventure activities are scheduled on the third day. Drama competition, campfire in the evening.
|Pune campers to report at 0700 hrs. sharp at Congress Bhavan near Pune Corporation. The bus departs at 0715 hrs.
Mumbai campers to report at 0615 hrs. sharp at Raja Shivaji Vidyalaya, Dadar (E), opp. State Bank of India. The bus departs at 0630 hrs. Breakfast enroute.
Reach Amba ghat campsite by lunch. Room allotment.
After lunch, get ready for Local Safari to visit the only Tea Plantation in Maharashtra State, Visit the Scenic Manoli Dam, enjoy the sunset from Amba Ghat. Evening Fun and games.
||After Breakfast, depart for the Half day Pawankhind Safari which includes Nature walk / trek in the Jungles, visit to waghzara, Konkan Point, Echo Point and Pawankhind, which has its historical importance from the Era of The Shivaji Maharaj. Enjoy Vanabhojan.
After returning to resort, start the Practice for Drama competition. Night walk with Star Gazing.
||Today is the day of adventure. After breakfast, go for adventure activities like Burma Bridge, Net Walk, Spider, Walk, Archery, Air Rifle Shooting, and Commando Net.
Evening brings out the creativeness – Drama competitions, Camp fire.
||Set out for Morning Nature Walk / Bird Watching.
Come back to resort for breakfast and Treasure HuntAfter Lunch, depart for your home town. Reach Congress Bhavan, Pune at 1900 hrs. / Raja Shivai Vidyalaya, Dadar at 1945 hrs.
Camp Kit :
- One haversack and one small shoulder bag (NO TROLLEY BAG OR SUITACSE)
- Comfortable clothes for the no. of days (track Pants, t-shirts, tops etc) (Avoid Jeans)
- Suitable nightwear , shorts, 3/4 s, one shawl/ chaddar,
- Undergarments, towel, napkin/ handkerchief, ladies sanitary sets
- Sport shoes ,socks, floaters, Sun cap/ hat, water bottle
- Water bottle, Personal kit containing toilet accessories, sun screen, cold cream, odomos
- NO DEODERENT
- Torch with fresh batteries
- Sun glasses, camera, binoculars, (optional at your own risk)
- A bird book, field guide (if available)
- Personal medicine, if any, with a note explaining doses, time, quantity etc. with the name of the child, No need to send any extra medicine
- Pen, a small diary, a story book
- Around 1500/- for meals during travel and for shopping
- Please don’t send Mobile phone, music player etc. with the child.
- An ID card with a color copy, (school I card/ Adhaar card/ Driving License etc)
- ( penalty of Rs 1500 if no ID card brought)
- chain and lock for all train camps
|| 4 Days
|| All veg meals
|| Accommodation in resort in non ac rooms on multiple sharing
|| Pune / Mumbai –Amba ghat –Pune / Mumbai by non ac bus