Manali Adventure Flight Camp
10 to 14 yrs
23 to 30 May 2017
Imagine Himalayan adventure for 12 year olds… That is what this camp provides… No wonder, this is one of the very popular camps within the Pugmarks family. Feel a pure adrenaline rush with adventure activities like trekking in Himalayas, rappelling, valley crossing, rafting and a visit to the snow point on the way to Rohtang Pass. What are you waiting for?
The 2 campsites – Base camp and the high altitude campsite are ideal for adventure; where you live in tents, enjoy delicious meals around a campfire, test your fitness on a trek and spend days full of activities. All of the above will ensure loads of fun. Frankly though ‘Having Fun’ is just an understatement… The camp name says it all – Manali Adventure!!!
The main aim of this programme is to make the little children tougher. Staying in tents in the Himalayas and facing the forces of nature, makes your body tough– and your will power even tougher. The activities introduce participants to adrenaline rush – adventure activities like trekking in the Himalayas, rappelling and valley crossing. These activities also help participants overcome their innate fears.
Trekking, Rappelling. River Crossing, basics of rafting, play in the snow
Manali, is situated in the upper Kullu Valley on the banks of the river Beas. The picturesque Kullu valley is drained by the Beas river and fringed by the Pir Panjal range to the North, Bara Bhangal range to the West and Parvati range to the East.
The campsite is 550 kms approx from Delhi.
Brief itinerary flow:
Participants arrive at the campsite for breakfast. In the following days, the participants are exposed to various adventure activities like trekking in the Himalayas, rappelling, valley crossing, basic rafting. Drive to shivling or Hamta/Gulaba point to play in the snow. .
For further information and booking, contact Pugmarks
||Report at Pune / Mumbai Airport at 1000 hrs. Take a flight to Delhi. Reach Delhi Airport by 1430 hrs. and transfer to the AC chartered bus for Manali.
||Arrive at Prini base camp for breakfast. Briefing and orientation. Tent allotment and issue of haversack, ponchos.
Discussion on ‘Leave no trace (LNT)’ way of camping.
||Trek (1.5 hrs) through pine forest to Thorku Dugh/ Bhanara Hills base camp. Introduction to rock climbing and overnight stay in tents.
||Warm up session followed by ‘Get over the fear’ activities like Rappelling and River Crossing.
||Sharpen your mountaineering skills; go on a high altitude trek to Tilgan at 2470 M. Return to camp in the evening.
||Trek back to Prini base camp. Enjoy an introductory rafting session at river Beas. Evening in the Manali market.
||Drive to shivling or Hamta/Gulaba point to play in the snow. Depart for Delhi in the evening.
Arrive New Delhi. Get transferred to Delhi airport to board the respective flight to Pune / Mumbai.
||Group of 6 dis.
|23 - 30 May
||600 each 3600 total
For Booking click on the link : http://pugmarks123.com/pugsoft/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0
Or Call Pugmarks : 022 -24445938 / 8879366191 / 192
|The cost includes
- Pune / Mumbai – Delhi – Pune / Mumbai economy air fare.
- Delhi-Manali-Delhi by AC chartered bus.
- All meals (veg) at campsite.
- Tented accommodation with sleeping bag, mat, poncho, and Haversack for the trek.
- Trekking/activity equipment and fees of resource persons.
|The cost does not include
- Meals during travel to and from Manali
- Personal expenses such as telephone, mineral water, drinks, laundry, porter/pony charges etc.
- Medical, hospitalization, evacuation and related expenses.
- Insurance of any kind.
- Any item not covered under the head ‘The cost includes’
- Campers must carry original photo ID card. (School photo id, Adhar Card, Passport, Voter Id,
- Pan Card, Driving Licence)
- For full payment dis., pay full amt. at once 30 days prior to camp departure by cheque/net transfer only.
- Balance amount is payable 30 days prior to camp departure.
- Monitor the progress of the camp at campsinprogress on the website pugmarks123.com
- Please check the website for Pre camp schedule and venue.
- Please refer Important Notes regarding Air travel, discounts, payment terms, cancellation etc.
Camp Kit :
- One haversack and one small shoulder bag (NO TROLLEY BAG OR SUITACSE)
- Comfortable clothes for the no. of days (track Pants, t-shirts, tops etc) (Avoid Jeans)
- Climate would be very cold at Manali, shimla. Carry enough woolen clothes like jacket, monkey camp, hand gloves etc
- Suitable nightwear, shorts, 3/4 s, one shawl/ chaddar, sweatshirt.
- Undergarments, towel, napkin/ handkerchief, ladies sanitary sets
- Sport shoes ,socks, floaters, Sun cap/ hat, water bottle
- Water bottle, Personal kit containing toilet accessories, sun screen, cold cream, odomos. sanitizer
- Torch with fresh batteries
- Sun glasses, camera, binoculars, (optional at your own risk)
- Personal medicine, if any, with a note explaining doses, time, quantity etc. with the name of the child, No need to send any extra medicine
- Pen, a small diary, a story book
- Around 1500/- for meals during travel and for shopping
- Please don’t send Mobile phone, music player etc. with the child.
- Manali Flight camp – original photo id for flight , flight journey denied without photo id
- Shimla – chain and lock for all train travel
||All meals at campsite. (veg / Nonveg)
|| 360 degree view of snow clad mountains
||Rappelling and River Crossing, Trekking, Introduction to rock climbing & Rafting
||Moderate to easy