PARVAT BUDDIES: Night Cycling for the Environment on 3rd-4th June 2017 (Saturday-Sunday).
Hello there! When was the last time you rode a bicycle? Thinking of taking up bicycling once again? Well, bicycling is one of the best cardio exercises with several health benefits. It is also an environment friendly activity. Join us as we combine the joy of cycling with a visit to some of the most interesting places in Bombay on an exciting summer night!
What to experience?
· revisit childhood as you experience the simple joy of riding a cycle
· Get to know and explore some fascinating landmarks in the city like temples, churches, monuments, sea-fronts, hospitals and much more.
· capture the beauty and diversity of the city during the night in your camera
· test your stamina as you pedal on the inclines and curves of the city’s streets
· the joy of befriending like-minded souls
· enjoy a cuppa roadside chai-coffee with your new buddies in the middle of the night while you listen to the relaxing sound of the waves
· experience a glorious sunrise as you end the ride with lifetime memories
· Celebrate Environment Day ie 5th June
Why PARVAT BUDDIES?
Extensive painstaking preparations have been carried out by our team in planning and organizing this ride for you. Our Ride Leaders, being experienced cyclists themselves, are well versed with the terrain and have put in meticulous efforts in charting out the route. Our USP is that we prefer to ride as a small sized group so that our participants can have a better bonding and interaction. This makes our events much more enjoyable and memorable. We maintain a reasonable Leader to Participant ratio which is about 1:6 on an average for our cycling events. On an average around 40% of our participants in the past have been females, which proves that we are a gender friendly adventure group.
You can rest assured that our ride leaders will be giving you a proper briefing about the Do’s and Don’ts before the ride. We will have a buffer time so that each one of you gets acquainted with your respective cycles before we actually start our ride. We will be carrying a basic medical kit and will take good care of all participants during the ride. We will stop often to take rest and dole out some interesting information about the city’s landmarks.
Some Info about the Night Ride:
The ride is divided into 3 different legs. The first leg explores the heritage of ‘Bombay’ city. Riding through this architecturally renowned part of Mumbai will take you into the era of British Raj. In the second leg, you’ll enjoy the cool sea-breeze as you pedal through the enchanting Queen’s Necklace of Mumbai. The last leg takes you to the peaceful hill of Malabar where you’d come across some of the posh houses of Mumbai.
Fort area-Nariman Point-Queen’s Necklace-Haji Ali-Gateway Of India
(this is just to give you a rough idea; detailed route will be explained during the pre-ride briefing)
Terrain: Mostly flat with some minor inclines.
Approximate Distance: 30 kms.
Approximate Duration: 5-6 hours.
Assembly: At Mumbai @ 2130hrs sharp on Saturday, 3rd June 2017
(Exact spot will be communicated through Whatsapp Pin Location to registered participants)
Some General Rules:
Cycling is definitely a very joyful activity provided we all follow some discipline. Participants are expected to adhere to the instructions given by the Ride Leaders from time to time. One must follow these basic rules strictly so that the outing can be enjoyed in a safe way:
1] Cycling is an eco-friendly activity. As responsible citizens, it will be our duty to keep the city and its surroundings clean and free of garbage. One is expected to dump all empty bottles/wrappers/cups/chewing gums/etc in his/her own bag until we find a waste bin. Cycling is a healthy habit. Smoking is strictly prohibited. Consumption of alcohol and drugs is also banned.
2] We ride together as a team. No deviations or back-outs during the ride. Ride in a single line. No overtaking. This is not a race hence be patient and make sure you enjoy the journey as you pedal. No Headphones while riding. No Phones/Selfies while riding. Ride Safe, Be alert and follow traffic rules. Decision of the ride-leader will be final and binding on all riders.
3] Defacing/damaging public property, historical monuments/temples and indulging in Graffiti is strongly discouraged. Observe silence and maintain decorum especially while visiting sensitive places. Respect the culture, customs and beliefs of the locality where you ride. While on the trail, care should be taken so as not to harm the natural surroundings including trees, plants and animals in any manner whatsoever. Even they feel the pain just as we humans do. Value Life!
Things you should carry (COMPULSORY):
1) Original Identity Proof.
2) Small Backpack to store all belongings.
3) Sports shoes & socks.
4) Water (at least 2 litres).
5) Light Snacks like biscuits or chips or chocolates or Mava cake or bananas or any other fruit as per your liking to munch on during the ride.
5) Small plastic bag to dump wrappers, bottles etc.
6) Wear Bright coloured clothing (like Yellow, Green, Orange, Red, fluorescent etc).
7) Clothing which allows you to stretch easily should be fine – but it should not be too loose to get entangled in the cycle. 3/4ths and shorts are fine but full length clothing is preferred (as it will minimize the impact of bruises to some extent in case of a fall).
8) Torch, whistle, pen-knife (just in case of emergency)
· Buff or a Scarf (to use as a mask to cover face from pollution/stench/dust etc.)
· Cycling shorts (with padding) are recommended, but not compulsory.
· Napkin or Sweatband to wick off sweat from the forehead while riding.
· Personal Medicines.
· Half-Gloves, only if you have.
Terms & Conditions:
No. Of Slots: Minimum 6 and Maximum 12 cycles only (First cum First Serve Basis).
(Ride is subject to minimum participation)
Last Date for registrations & payment: 4pm, 2nd June 2017 (Friday).
Cost (non-refundable): Rs. 800/- per head
Basic First Aid
Refreshments during the ride (Tea/Coffee/Energy Bar)
Expertise, Guidance & Support.
Exclusions: any personal expenses, Cost to transfer cycle to end point in case of midway back out by participant, Cost of individual’s travel to Ride Start Point and Cost of individual’s travel from Ride End point, Dinner, packaged drinking water.
Registrations strictly by phone call only!
Your slot will be confirmed only when we receive complete participant details along with the confirmation (transaction id/screenshot) of the online payment. Please call on the below-mentioned number to know the Bank Details for Funds Transfer.
v It is important to be in good health and to have a basic level of physical fitness to ensure a happy time during the ride. Consult your doctor before joining the ride if you’re suffering from any ailment/injury.
v Avoid Jeans/Belts/Sling bags as it is important to ride freely. Sleeveless tops are strictly NOT allowed.
v Avoid bringing costly gadgets/devices and valuables like jewellery etc. Carry only sufficient cash.
v Try to keep the weight of your bag as less as possible.
v Wrap your belongings in plastic to protect them from dust and/or rains.
v Lastly, leave a brief note about your cycling plan at home.
Parin H Shah (9869173138)
Our Past Events:
Like Our Facebook Page:
Follow us on Social Networks: