Welcome to the Mountains of Monsoon!!
As its a monsoon season, one will experience the real beauty of Matheran. Experience the green mat and the moving curtains.
Nisarga Bhraman has arranged a guided Nature Trail in the evergreen forest of Matheran on Sunday, 5th July 2015.
Bio Diversity you can study - Flowers, Reptiles, Birds and Mammals (Subject to sightings)
Do not miss the opportunity to witness the uniqueness of Matheran.
Meet at Dadar Railway Station; Central Railway at Pf 4 at 6:00 am sharp
We will be taking Karjat Fast Train from Dadar leaving at 6:24 Hrs. Please carry your own train ticket till Karjat
Travel to Neral by local Train
Reach Neral by 7:45 Hrs & Breakfast
Travel to Matheran Dasturi Naka by local transport
Round of Introduction & Instructions at
Nature Trail in Matheran at 9:00 Hrs
Return to Dasturi Naka by 13:00 Hrs
Back to Neral Station by local Transport
Cost of the event would be Rs. 500/- only.
The above cost includes -
Travel from Neral to Matheran & Back
Matheran Entry Charges
Guide and expertise charges
To register for the event, contact - 9619848367 / 9892992868
Note: One has to handover or transfer full amount while registration.
Hand over the cash in Person in co-ordination or transfer the amount to the account -
Name of A/c Holder: Sameer M. Patel
Bank : State Bank of India
Branch: Nancy Colony, Borivali East Branch
A/c Number: 33775770803 (Savings)
RTGS/IFSC code: SBIN0016719
Here is a list of the things to carry -
Haversack to put in everything to be carried
Water - 2 liters at least
Rain cheater / Umbrella / Poncho
Something to munch on
Camera (Optional) with extra batterries
Torch with extra batterries
Extra set of clothes / Towel / Napkin
Few rules that we would like people to follow -
1. Smoking and possession and/or consumption of Alcohol will strictly not be permitted on the event & would lead to expulsion from the trek.
2. Do not play loud music / shout in the jungle premises. That disturbs animals and reduce sighting chances.
3. Stay with the group.
4. The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.
5. Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
6. Please do not wear any jewelry or gold chains/rings.
7. Please do not litter, we believe in the saying, “Wherever you go, leave only your footprints and take back only memories”