We at Nisarga Bhraman invites you for a Jungle Trek to Vasota and Lake Side Camping on 21st – 22nd Nov 2015 (leaving on 20th Nov Friday Night)
Type : Jungle Fort
Height : 3842 ft approx
Region : Koyna wildlife Santuary
Difficulty Level: Easy
Endurance Level: Medium
Vasota Fort (also called Vyaghragad) is located in Satara district. Vasota fort is attributed to the Kolhapur Shilahara Raja Bhoja II (1178–1193) of Panhala. This fort always remained with Marathas. Shivaji Maharaj took over the fort in 1655 during the conquest of Javli.
This fort was named as Vyaghragad [ Vyaghra means tiger] by Shivaji Maharaj considering the defensive capability that this fort offered. After Shivaji Maharaj this was under the rule of the Peshwas and then later in 1818 the british bombared the fort with heavy artillery and destroyed many structures on the fort.
The fort today offers spectacular views of Koyna Backwaters, forests of the Wildlife sanctuary and a superb trek for avid trekkers.
Friday 20th Nov:-
• Start from Borivali National Park by private bus @ 10.00 pm
We will be taking Western express highway till Sion-Chembur-Vashi-Belapur,Kalamboli. Participants staying on way can board the bus at their convenient pickup point
Saturday 21st Nov:-
• Reach Bamnoli by 6.00 am
• Freshen up, Breakfast and Introduction
• Start towards Met Indavali via boat ride through Koyna Back waters by 8.00 am
• Reach Met Indavali by 10.00 am and Start trek by 10.30 am
• Reach Vasota Fort by 12.00 pm
• Explore the Fort and start for Nageshwar cave by 1.30 pm
• Lunch on the way
• Reach Nageshwar cave by 3.30 pm
• Start Descend toward Met Indavali Village by 4.30 pm
• Back to Bamnoli
• Camping and Stay at Bamnoli or Kaas Lake
Sunday 22nd Nov:-
• Morning call at 6.00 am
• Freshen up & Breakfast by 8.00 am
• Fun/ leisure time by Lake side
• Start return journey by 10.30 am
• Lunch on the way
Reach Mumbai by 8.00 pm (Subject to traffic)
Cost of the trek would be Rs. 2850/- per person
The cost includes -
* Travel by private non AC bus from Borivali to Borivali
* Two Breakfast, 2 Lunch, 1 Dinner (Veg/ Non veg), evening snacks
• Vasota Jungle Entry Charges
• Boat Ride till Met Indavali and Return
• Tented Accommodation at Lake Side
• Guide/ NB charges
Cost does not includes-
Soft drink/ Mineral water charges
Anything not mentioned in cost inclusion list
To register for the event one need to handover or transfer Rs. 1000/- (non refundable) to below mentioned account:
Note : Registrations through phone calls only, please SMS if call is not attended
Account Holder: Sashank Acharekar
Bank & Branch: ICICI Bank, Borivali West Branch
A/c Number: 001801052423 (Saving)
RTGS/IFSC code: ICIC0000018
once done with the transfer please SMS/ Whatsup/ e-mail to email@example.com with Transaction ID, Participant Name, Email ID, Gender , Cell Number, Boarding Point)
for more details and Registration, contact -
9167966042, 9869509488, 9619848367, 9987007742
(Pls Msg if calls not answered.)
Registrations are only through phone calls (scraps, reply to this thread won’t be considered as confirmation)
Limited seats, entry on first come first served basis.
Here is a list of the things to be carried by every individual
• Identity Proof --MUST
• A haversack to put in everything to be carried for the trek
• At least 2 Liters of water
• Extra set of clothes, Towel / Napkin, Cap
• Camera, Something to munch on (Optional)
• Sleeping Bag or Proper Bedding (We are Camping at Lake Side)
• A good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks
• Personal medicines required if any
Rules that we would like people to follow -
• Consumption of alcohol, Drugs, Narcotics is strictly banned on the event & would lead to expulsion from the trek.
• The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No arguments will be entertained.
• Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
• Please do not wear any jewelry or gold chains/rings.
• Please do not litter, we believe in the saying, “Wherever you go, leave only your footprints and take back only memories.”
Disclaimer: Hiking / Trekking / Rock climbing is an adventurous activity and accidents can happen in spite of taking utmost caution and care. The organization will not be responsible for any injury / accident / death to the participant while on trek.
It is Important to be physically fit while on treks. If suffering from any allergy or ailment, please bring prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heatstroke, sever headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia. Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc should take permission from their physicians before treks