Kalsubai Night Trek
Trek : Kalsubai
Date : 28th & 29th Dec 2013
Height : 5400feets
Region : Igatpuri
Cost App. : Rs 750/-
Kalsubai with the height of 1646m [5400Feets] is famous as one of the highest peaks in Maharashtra. Kalsubai lies in the Sahyadri mountain range. This being the highest peak, it commands a beautiful view. Since Kalsubai is extremely famous, enough effort has been made to make this trek easy. There are steel railings, chains and ladders at places where it is difficult to climb.
There is a symbolic temple at the top. It is said, that in the ancient times, a lady named “Kalsu” came to nearby Indorey village to work. However, somebody forced her to clean utensils and clean up the residence by force. So she left the place and eventually died at this spot. So comes the name, Kalasubai. A small temple is built here, in her memory.
From the top of Mount Kalsubai, one can get great view of the Bhandardara Lake and Wison dam, immediately after the rainy season, the place is covered with variety of flowers. During the months October to November people neighbouring region organize a religious fair at this place.
It usually takes three hours to reach the top from Bari. Soon after leaving Bari, a small stream is crossed followed soon after by a Hanuman temple. The route from behind this temple takes the hiker straight to the summit. There are three iron ladders along this route. There is a well near the last iron ladder as one approaches the top. The rest of the route is without water, so it is best to fill water bottles in Bari. It is an easy hike, but parts of it are quite steep in places.
Itinerary For Kalsubai Trek
28th Dec : Travel upto Kasara by Kasara train
· Mumbai(CST) 20:47
· Byculla 20:54
· Dadar 21:01
· Kurla 21:09
· Ghatkopar 21:13
· Thane 21:28
· Dombivili 21:41
· Kalyan 21:52
· Kasara 23:07
2315Hrs : Assemble at Kasara Rail Station
2315 -0115Hrs : Travel Kasra to Bari
0115 - 0200Hrs : Rest in bari village
0200Hrs : Start Trek toward Kalsubai.
0600Hrs : Reach top of kalsubai,
0600 - 0800Hrs : Tea & Snacks on Kalsubai Top
0800Hrs : Start descending kalsubai.
1130 - 1300Hrs : Lunch in bari village
1300 - 1500Hrs : Travel bari to Kasara.
1500Hrs : Disperse at Kasara rail Station.
List of Items To Be Carry
· Snugly fitting canvas shoes / Sports shoes
· Ruck sack / Shoulder bag which can hold following items
· Water Bottle (2 Liter Minimum) compulsory **
· Torch with spare set of batteries
· Spare Cotton Track pant & T- shirts 1no each.
· Personal bedding, Sleeping Bag / 2Bed sheet / Carry mat.
· Personal medical kit (personal medicines if any, prescribed by family Dr.).
· Note book, Pen, Sewing kit, shoes laces, Safety pins
· Sweater / Warm cloths.
· Please do not carry gold ornaments or any other valuables.
· Please do not carry handbags or zolas for the trek.
· Avoid Chapels / Slippers for trek
· Camera, Binocular is allowed at your own risk
· For safety please follow the expert’s/ Instructors advice on trek.
IMP: - Please take return train ticket up to Kasara.
For confirmation contact
Rajesh R. Mhaddalkar: 9869629288 / 9768341848
Prashant Vanahalli: 9870969694 / 9833072241