NaturalisT Foundation organises Monsoon Mist trek to Rajmachi.
NaturalisT Foundation has arranged a Monsoon Special Trek on the occasion of Independence Day to Rajmachi and Kondana Cave on Monday – Tuesday, 14th - 15th Aug 2017.
Rajmachi is a place located north to Lonavala. It’s a fun and adventurous walk of 18 km from Lonavala to Rajmachi.
At Rajmachi- Shrivardhan and Manaranjan can also be considered as two separate forts as both are separated by a small plateau. This plateau beholds a very beautiful temple of 'Bhairoba'. Shrivardhan is 'Bale Killa' of Rajmachi and is almost of 3000 feet in altitude. This fort was of prime importance because it was built to keep watch on Konkan area.
Manaranjan Fort which is on other side and is 2700 feet high. Manaranjan Fort is composed of strong walls, 3 doors, and many water tanks. One can see Ulhas River, Duke's nose (Nagphani), Karnala, Matheran, Mahuli, and Bhimashankar etc. The way to the fort is long but gives a magnificent view of Sahyadri ranges.
Date - 14th - 15th August
(2 days & 1 nights)
Trek Fees – 1450/- per person
Fees include -
• Traveling from Dadar - Dadar.
• Lonavala station to Rajmachi Base (Thakurvadi) Rickshaw
• 2 Breakfast
• 1 Lunch
• 1 Dinner
• Home stay charges
• Expertise charges
Fees Exclude -
• Transport till Dadar
• Lunch on 14th August, i.e. day 1.
• Insurance of any kind, medical hospitalization, evacuation and related expenses.
And any item not covered under 'inclusions'.
Day 1 (14th Aug)
7:00 AM :- Meeting point at Dadar station
7:11 AM :- Board Deccan express (11007) for Lonavala
9:45 AM :- Reach Lonavala
10:00 AM :- Breakfast
10:30 AM :- Move towards Thakurwadi by sharing Rikshaws
11:00 AM :- Start trek from Thakurwadi
1:00 PM :- Take a halt for lunch (carried by the participants).
1:45 PM :- Resume trek
3:00 PM :- 2nd Halt
5:00 PM :- Reach Rajmachi Village
5:30 PM :- Have tea and breakfast in a local villagers house
6:30 PM :- Move towards Manoranjan Fort. On the way we will be exploring the biodiversity of Rajmachi as well
7:30 PM :- Reach the top of Manoranjan Fort.
8:00 PM :- Trek down to the village from Manoranjan Fort.
9:00 PM :- Dinner
10:00 PM :- Night trail
11:00 PM :- Good Night
Day 2 (15th August)
6:00 AM :- Wake up
6:30 AM :- Breakfast
7:00 AM :- Move towards Shrivardhan Fort; On the way, we can do some bird watching as well.
8:30 AM :- Reach the top of the Srivandhan Fort, hoist the Tricolor and enjoy the scenic beauty.
9:00 AM :- Trek down from the fort.
10:00 AM :- Reach the Village.
10:00 - 11:00 AM :- Rest
11:00 AM :- Lunch
12:00 PM :- Trek down from the Village
3:00 PM :- Reach Kondana caves. Explore the beautiful sculptures.
3:30 PM :- Trek down the Kondana caves for Karjat.
5:30 PM :- Reach the Village.
6:00 PM :- Move towards Karjat Station
6:30 PM :- Move towards Mumbai from a Local train with tons of amazing and funny memories.
--- Bank Details ---
Account holder's Name: Pravin Pramod Sahu
Bank name: ICICI Bank
IFSC Code: ICIC0001000
Account no. 100001513020
Branch: Teen Hath Naka branch
For other payment options, queries and registration please contact
Pravin Sahu - 8286220933
Sachin Rane - 8898114024
Online Form Link:-
EMAIL ID:- firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Wear proper footwear.
2. Please carry sunglasses and cap
3. Carry odomos or any other any other mosquito repellant.
4. Carrying Binocular and Camera is optional
5. Wear suitable clothes.
6. Do not touch any creature or plant without permission.
7. Do not venture out in the forest.
8. Strictly, NO smoking, alcohol consumption or intake of a unprescribed drug will be tolerated.
9. Water 2-3 liters must
10. Avoid wearing jewelry.
11. Torch with extra batteries
12. Biscuits or any snack containing glucose.
13. An extra pair of dry clothes if you want to change in evening.
14. Plastic bags for dry items in your bag like clothes, electronics etc.
15. A double strap bag, sling bag not allowed in the trek.
16. Wind cheater to keep hands free.