Event Grade: Easy
Endurance Level: Easy
Event Type: Trek
Height of fort: 3100 ft approx.
Total time required to reach base: 1 hours from Karjat railway station
Total time required for climbing: 3 hrs of normal climb
Duration: 1 Day
About Kothaligad Fort:
Kothaligad (also called Peth) is a small Fort (3100 ft) is situated to the east of Karjat near Karjat-Murbad Road in the Indian state of Maharashtra. It is one of the famous treks in the Karjat area, because of its small height and easy climbing. It is also known as the Fort of Peth because of its vicinity to Peth village at its base.
The cave and the temple carvings date back to the 13th century. Not much is known about the history until the 18th century. In 1716, this cave was captured by the British. Then later on, on November 2, 1817, it was recaptured by the Marathas under the leadership of Bapurao who belonged to the generation after Bajirao. It was recaptured by the British, on December 30, 1817, the very next month, under Captain Brooks. The British had the fort till 1862 as an outpost for vigilance on the surrounding valley and the hills all around it.
The locals say that this is not actually a fort but a sort of lighthouse from where the directions were given to know the advancements of the enemy. In fact, it can be called a watch tower to keep a vigil on the Mawal area in the greater province of the Maratha.
● Peth Fort
● A small temple
● A large cave
● Canon made up of alloy metals
● A chimney like tunnel to the top of the fort
● A tank of water near the cave and another one at the top of the fort
We’ll be boarding the below train from our nearest local station. Train timings are shared below for convenience.
Karjat Semi Fast
06:10 am CST
06:18 am Byculla
06:24 am Dadar
06:31 am Kurla
06:35 am Ghatkopar
06:50 am Thane
06:57 am Diva
07:02 am Dombivli
07:10 am Kalyan
08:00 am Karjat
Meeting Point : Karjat Railway Station at 08:00 pm
08:00 am Meet-up, and leave for base village of the trek
09:00 am Reach Base village, freshen up, Breakfast, gear up for the trek
10:00 am Introduction round and brief on rules and regulations to be followed by everyone on the event
01:00 pm Reach top, take some rest and have lunch then explore the top with the dawn
02:00 pm Post sunrise and after clicking loads of pics, we will start our descend
05:00 pm Reach back to our base village. Freshen-up and have refreshment and tea
06:00 pm Leave for Karjat Railway station
07:00 pm Reach Karjat railway station
09:00 pm Reach Mumbai and bid adieu with a promise to meet soon
Event Fee: Rs.600/- per person. Payment once done is non-refundable, do check for availability before making a payment.
Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
Name: Mumbai Pune Adventures
Bank: Central Bank of India
Account: Current Account
A/c No. : 3601915663
IFSC Code: CBIN0284592
The cost per head includes the following.
● Local travel from Karjat to Karjat
● Unlimited breakfast at base village
● Evening refreshment
● Tea in the morning and evening
● Local guidance
● First aid and first responder assistance in case required
● MPA administration charges if any
● Do read our terms and conditions before registration
● All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
● Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
● Any kind of personal expenses.
● Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
● All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
Things to carry:
● Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
● 2 Litres of water must
● Good trekking shoes
● Extra pair of clothes, socks optional
● Cap, Camera as Optional
● 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
● Medications if required for individual
● Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
● And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
For Registrations and Queries
Write to us at:
Keep visiting us at:
Follow us at:
Terms and conditions: