Event Grade: Medium
Endurance Level: Medium
Height of peak: 4800 ft approx.
Location: Kothale Village, Ahmednagar
Total time required for climbing: 4 hours of normal climb
Duration: 1 Night 1 Day
About Karkai Peak:
Karkai, the 6th highest peak of Maharashtra, can be imagined as a huge mountain when seen from a small well near its base village. The place around the hill is filled with farm lands. One can see the tracks made by cattles, randomly eloping into the forest.
From the top, Harishchandragad can be seen; Kunjargad fort, Balubhai peak in the East; Kombda peak in the West; Ajoba, Katrabai, Muda, Bhairavgad, Alang, Madan, Kulang in the North; and the South view contains Dhakoba, Hadsar, Malshej Ghat, Sindhola. The peak view is filled-up with mesmerizing surprises, and the heavenly winds even in summer.
● Karkai Peak
● Day Trek full of adventure
● Plateau and the cool breeze
We’ll be boarding the below train from nearest local station. Train timings are shared below for convenience:
Kasara Semi Fast
10:50 pm CST
10:57 pm Byculla
11:05 pm Dadar
11:13 pm Kurla
11:18 pm Ghatkopar
11:30 pm Mulund
11:34 pm Thane
11:57 pm Dombivli
12:07 am Kalyan
01:18 am Kasara
Meeting Point : Kasara Railway Station at 01:20 am
01:30 am Meet-up, freshen up, move towards the base village in taxi
05:00 am Reach Base village, and take some rest
05:30 am Breakfast/tea to start our day
06:30 am Introduction round and brief on rules and regulations to be followed by everyone on the event
10:30 am Reach top, have some rest and explore area.
12:30 pm Start the descend from peak
03:30 pm Reach base village, have some lunch
04:30 pm Start return journey
08:00 pm Reach Kasara railway station and bid adieu with a promise to meet soon
Event Fee: Rs.1,250/- per person. Payment once done is non-refundable, do check for availability before making a payment.
Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
Name: Mumbai Pune Adventures
Bank: Central Bank of India
Account: Current Account
A/c No. : 3601915663
IFSC Code: CBIN0284592
The cost per head includes the following.
● Local travel from Kasara to Kasara
● Unlimited breakfast in the morning
● Tea in the morning
● Lunch at the end of the trek
● Local guidance
● First aid and first responder assistance in case required
● MPA administration charges if any
● Do read our terms and conditions before registration
● All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
● Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
● Any kind of personal expenses.
● Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
● All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
Things to carry:
● Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
● 2 Litres of water must
● Good trekking shoes
● Extra pair of clothes, socks optional
● Cap, Camera as Optional
● 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
● Medications if required for individual
● Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
● And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
For Registrations and Queries
Write to us at:
Keep visiting us at:
Follow us at:
Terms and conditions: