We, Mumbai Outdoors invite you for waterfall rappelling event at Bekre Waterfall, Bhivapuri on 23rd August, 2015 (Sunday).
Location: Bekre waterfall
Height: Appx 90 ft Approx
Grade: Thrilling (Medium Technical)
Maximum Participation: 40-50 participants (First Come First Preference Basis)
Waterfall Rappelling Also technically known as canyoning and canyoneering are more often associated with technical descents those that require rappels (abseils) and rope work, down-climbing. An adventure sport, where you walk down a cliff amidst the gushing waterfall.
Meeting point: Bhivpuri station near ticket counter at 7.40 am
You may catch Karjat slow local from respective stations and get down at Bhivpuri station
CST: 5.22 am
Byculla: 5.30 am
Dadar: 5.40 am
Kurla: 5.50 am
Ghatkopar: 5.56 am
Thane: 6.17 am
Dombivali: 6.39 am
Kalyan: 6.48 am
Bhivpuri: 7.30 am
Pune People can Join by boarding Pune - Mumbai Singhagad Express as per the Timings mentioned below :-
Pune : ~ 06:00 AM
Shivaji Nagar : ~ 06:10 AM
Lonavala : ~ 07:10 AM
Karjat : ~ 07:58 AM
From Karjat board a Local Train to CST as per the below timings ..
Karjat - CST Local :- 08:20 AM Local and Get down at Bhivpuri Station.
07.45 hrs: Breakfast
08.15 hrs: Move to Base village (Bekre)
08.45 hrs: At Bekre
08.45 – 9.15 hrs: Small trail till waterfall
09.20 hrs: Introduction to waterfall rappelling
09.30- 16.00 hrs: Waterfall Rappelling
16.30 hrs: Proceed to Mumbai
20.30 hrs: Dadar
Plz do sms your name and email_id if call not received.
Here is a list of all the things that we need to carry:
1. A haversack to put in all the things to be carried. So that one has hands free while trekking.
2. A bottle of water (1.5 ltr - must).
3. Scarf for Ladies is a MUST while rappelling.
4. Camera (Optional).
5. Electoral / Energy powder, 2 Lemon, some snacks & biscuits (optional).
6. Torch with extra batteries.
7. Personal medicines & 2 plastic bags for weight distribution, mosquito’s cream (optional)..
8. A good trekking shoes .
9. And most important: A sense of adventure.
The charges for the event are Rs. 750/- per head (Membership Discount will be Rs. 50/-), which includes travelling from Bhivpuri to Bhivpuri, morning breakfast, equipment and expertise charges.
Extra Rappelling will cost Rs 350/- Per Rappel, and will be permitted only after every person has done with his first chance.
For registration and more details please contact
8767142524 / 9867592719
Our Blogger: http://mumbaioutdoors.blogspot.com/
Facebook Groups: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005699087246
Please must read below rules & regulations.
Safety is our prime concern and we don't make compromises for the same.
A Few rules that all participants must follow:
1. Participants are requested to carry the waste back to the city and dispose it off in trash box.
2. Do not disturb the flora and fauna. No making pretty bouquets of grabbed flowers and blooms.
3. No feeding and intimidating birds and other animals.
4. Do not destroy/ write on archaeological or historical monuments.
5. Chewing Tobacco, Consumption of Cigarette and Alcohol is strictly not being permitted during the event. Anyone found in possession of the same or consuming it will be expelled from the trek. No REFUND will be provided.
6. The ‘Leader’s’ decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.
7. Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
8. In case of any injury, sickness, accident, death, Bike accident or any other casualty or loss or damage of valuables or luggage or any equipment; Mumbai Outdoors, it’s instructors, organizers, volunteers or any other person involved wholly or partially, either individually or jointly, shall not be responsible in any manner for the same and no claims (any kind) of the participants, parents, guardians, relatives or friends of participants will be entertained.
9. It is of utmost importance that all participants stick together in the group.
10. Mumbai Outdoors reserves the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice. No arguments or refunds will be entertained.
11. Adventure activity is arranged considering normal weather. In case of occurrence of any natural calamities, if event is cancelled, in such circumstances NO REFUND will be provided.
Team “Mumbai Outdoors"